𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Slight mentions of physical violence, trauma. Fluff.

A/N: I will update "Phoenix" on Fridays, fyi! Hopefully this episode will let you get to know Phoenix a little bit better :).

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/N's POV

—Master, I just think it would be better if I focus on other tasks, maybe I can get ahead on other things? It's just that two Sith on a simple recon mission it's too much, don't you think? —I was practically jogging trying to reach Qui-Gon's quick steps. The big aisles seemed to keep getting longer and longer and I was beginning to run out of breath due to my fast blabbering.

—Y/N, let me stop you right there. —He put his hand up and stopped in the middle of the grand aisle. He turned around to face me and sighed. —I think it was foolish of me to think you two would get along right away. However, what I didn't expect at all was for you to get entangled in his childish manners. I think way better of you, my dear. I mean,  I don't blame it all on you, I know what a handful that boy is, but please, can you please try? Don't be friends. Just... tolerate each other. Take this mission as an opportunity to learn about each other, to understand each other. It would make a huge difference. —He asked sweetly. 

I felt guilty for giving him a hard time. I never thought about how my actions would affect him. Qui-Gon had become the family I never had, the only person I let in. The last thing I wanted was to hurt him or to make him feel that I was ungrateful. I still remembered the day he decided to take me in.

*Flashback*

—Your grandfather is... quite the man.

He was sitting in Palpatine's office waiting for the Chancellor to finish up a Senate meeting. I was there on a mission (and in one of my very few visits to Coruscant) with the purpose of spying on one of the Republic's more influential Senators. My goal was to befriend her as the Princess of Jakku and persuade her into producing more clones for the Republic.

—Yeah, he is. And he holds so much knowledge. It's quite remarkable really. —I was staring at the beautiful city lights from the big window, mesmerized by the city's beauty. My hand was touching the glass, my fingers aching to reach the speeders, the flashing lights, the sun's flame, which somehow was more beautiful here. Everything was more beautiful here. 

—What is that on your arm? —He pointed at the purple bruises on my forearm. I tried to hide them, but the fabric of the extravagant dress failed to give the protection I needed. I opted to hug myself, but we both knew it was late. He had seen them.

—You know, I-I fell...

—Mmm,  strange place to get bruises on when you fall... —He looked at my worried face, sensing that I didn't want to deepen into the topic any longer. He gave a sweet smile and asked. —And what is your name?

—Y/n. —I chirped lowly and turned around back to the window, not wanting to miss a thing.

—That is a very beautiful name. —He smiled, which I took a glance at through the reflection of the glass.

—Thank you. —A profound silence took over the room, neither knowing how to keep the conversation alive.

—I presume you are a force user. I can sense you have your shields up. —He finally spoke. —Quite strong, I must add. Did your grandfather teach you?