𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐛.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Nothing lol. Just slight dirty talk and curse words.

A/N: This one is dedicated to daxy! Thanks for your support, love! and special thanks for being the first person to ever read Phoenix in Wattpad :)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Phoenix's POV

Qui-Gon had a blank look, any emotion that was once on his face was completely washed out after reading the message in the commlink. The curiosity I had for the matter multiplied by ten after his reaction and I couldn't hold my tongue.

—What is it? What does it say? —I frowned, stepping closer so I could scan the little object again.

Qui-Gon was left speechless, shaking his head slowly and in robotic motions, like trying to deny any hesitation in the air.

—N-No, this seems... quite inofensive. I don't actually think it means something. Umm... yeah, it actually looks like it could be garbage. Where did you find it again? —he asked, finally looking me in the eyes. His gaze was widened, but he tried to smile so I would confuse the little wrinkles around his eyelids as a sign of the grin, not his concern. Needless to say, I was not convinced.

—It was property of an old rebel leader. I took it from him after he sent a voice message with it. I didn't hear what he said, but it seemed like it was a distress signal. —I shrugged my shoulders.

—Mmm... interesting. —He looked back down to it and quickly returned to me. — Thanks Phoenix, I will examine it a bit further, in case we find any important intel on it. — He plastered a smile, a real one this time, however, desperation never left his features.

—Sure, Master. Anything else I can help with? —I asked, praying that he would let me go to my chambers, to hide for the rest of the day.

—Yeah, can you please locate Obi-Wan and tell him to come meet me? —He sat on his chair again and brought the crystal cup back to his lips and took a little slurp.

— Of course, Master. I will do that right now. —I bowed to him and Qui-Gon let me go with a hand gesture.

The Force shall free you. —He tilted his head.

The Force shall free me. —And I exited the room, looking for my friend.

Once I stepped foot outside Qui-Gon's office, I felt like a thousand pounds were lifted off my chest for two big reasons: I've never liked that room, it was my grandfather's old office and the aura in there has always felt life-sucking to me, even when his presence was missing. And second, apparently and to my great luck, Qui-Gon doesn't suspect a thing about me and Anakin. He isn't the snitch I thought. And I planned to keep it that way, I just needed to get used to the idea of facing him. Because of that, I was careful enough to avoid the route I previously took, so I wouldn't meet Anakin. Just like I suspected, Obi-Wan was standing in the lobby, right where I left him. He was walking in circles, pulling nervously from his beard. Hell, so this commlink is no joke...

— Hey, Obi. —I whispered-yelled. He quickly turned himself to me and walked closer.

—How did it go? What did he say? —He talked low, almost like he didn't want anyone to know that we were speaking.

—He is looking for you. He wants you to go... —I grimaced at the secretive aspect of it all. Now I truly want to know.

—Oh, ok. I'm on my way then. —Obi-Wan rushed his pace, not before I intervened and cut him off.