𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

Hoth mission - Part two

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Violence. Murder. Blood. Pain.

A/N: NEW COVER!!!! Do you like it? This is such a spicy and fiery book, I think the cover should show that!

This one is a really long one! 5.5k! That's why it took me more time to publish but it's here! And as you can see by the chapter's picture, boss bitch Phoenix is on her way! Very special note at the end of the chapter!

This one is dedicated to maddieskywalker ! A chapter as long as this one could only be dedicated to you honey haha. Hope this inspires you some more! Thank you for being one of the sweetest people I've encountered on this app!

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/n's POV

The hellish command room seemed to be the center of the planet.

Every tunnel I went through only opened up to another, and another, and another, and so on. It wasn't practical, either, that the bombing on the outside brought such chaos in here. I could barely run with the walls crumbling apart, odd furniture falling my way. A full-on piece of ceiling almost fell on top of me, thanks to the Force that I could levitate it away.

The halls were cleaned, most of the rebels vanished suddenly, which I first thought was very suspicious, however, the recognizable sound of X-wings being deployed gave me all the explanation I needed. That meant that the TIE-fighters hadn't taken care off the back exits. I could only hope that we could destroy the Echo Base before they had the chance to evacuate the remaining people and that the cruisers would capture the ones who managed to escape.

My legs rushed me to the database, the holo map being my guide in this awful maze. It said that I was just meters away from my final destination when a group of enthusiastic rebels appeared on my path, on their way to carry some weapons to the transports. Even with my left arm failing me, I managed to spin my lightsaber like a fan and returned every single shot their machine gun threw at me. Maker, it was killing me.

I stopped in my tracks to catch some air. The freezing cold, the irritating discomfort in my arm, the asphyxiating pressure of the planet... everything was starting to get to me. My commlink biped; it was Taaray.

"General, we cleared our sector. Do you need backup?"

—No, thank you, Captain. —I inhaled deeply. —Go outside and help out the 501st, I bet they need you.

"Noted, we're on our way, General".

Knowing that the front end of the base was being protected gave my aching mind a little rest. The noise was too intolerable, the dirt made me feel sticky and the burnt odor was just... nauseating. My stomach hurled, my body alerting me of the off feeling I've had for a while. This whole mission was, in all matters, overwhelming. And I've been on numerous missions. But this one? Yeah, definitely the worst. I don't know exactly when this whole plan went down the drain.

Wait.

I do know.

When fucking Anakin blew it up and derailed from everything that had been established from the beginning.

Was it something the asshole did often?

On that same line, since we separated, my mental game hasn't been... as strong. I hated how distracted I was, this was so unlike me: always so sure of my purpose and duty. But questions like: "How long has he been able to read my mind?" "Did he know everything I thought? How much did he know?" "Have I made a fool of myself?" dissociated me from my goal.