𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Fluff and a bit of angst. But it's like together, so I guess it's angst with a happy ending! And some dirty talking!

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone who replied on the last episode! It was so helpful and I did take note of your recommendations! She will remain as Y/N for private spaces and Phoenix for public ones :)

Also new clones' casting on the Cast chapter!!!

With you... the newest chapter of Phoenix! Fresh out of the oven ;)

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Phoenix's POV

The little red dot on the holo-map disappeared after beeping continuously, after 6 parsecs of following Windu's and my secret alliance's journey. I had been glued to the monitor ever since we got out of Yavin 4 and into the mothership, while I was as impatiently waiting for Obi-Wan and Anakin to wake up from their bacta tank bath. As the pair was heavily damaged, we couldn't wait until we got to Coruscant to take action on treating their wounds.

So my anxiety levels weren't only due to my uncertainty of my target, but because of Anakin's state. My heart shrunk when I remembered the way his condition quickly plummeted on the bridge. He started to lose his balance and his sight was blocked with partial blindness, not to mention the already leaking wound on his abdomen. I did my best to try and hold him, carry him myself to the transport. However, his weight was too much to handle and I screamed for help in no time. Soon Hunter and Jesse were picking him up, as they could (they were pretty beaten-up as well) and carrying him to the transport.

Since then, I was isolated in a corner of the cruiser, making myself busy in front of the holo-map, thinking my job could help me not to spiral. A desperate attempt not to think about the damage made to his nervous system, the muscular trauma he received...

—Hey, how are you hanging on? —Fives got close to me, offering some friendly support.

—Hi Fives. —I smiled weakly. —You know, just worried about them. I went to see Obi-Wan and he is doing so much better, thanks to the Force.

—That's good news... —He rubbed my arm, tranquilizing me. —Nothing on General Skywalker?

—Not yet. —I exhaled all the air in my lungs.

—Don't worry, it's going to be okay. —He reassured me. —I'm here for whatever you need. He's probably fine, but you know... you never know for sure.

—Fives-

—I'm just saying, I'm here for you. Always will be. —He nodded, emphasizing the "always". Then he arched his eyebrow cockily.—We clones are designed to survive-

General Phoenix, he is awake. —One of the nurses called me in, in the middle of the commotion happening on the bridge of the cruiser. Quickly, all the heads turned to me, flooding the space in silence.

Immediately, I snapped and basically ran to meet the trooper that would guide me to Anakin's room. As we walked the long aisles and skip corners, my blood pressure rose dramatically, preparing myself for the scenery that was waiting for me.

—Here it is. —The trooper pointed at the door, writing something in the chart and clearing me to enter.

—How is he? —I asked, not daring to turn the knob.

—We should keep him in observation, but we took care of the abdominal cut and the blindness is gone. He has recovered mobility on his legs and it's able to stand up; our final prognosis is that all of those were consequences of extreme dehydration and severe damage to his nervous system. —Oh, not the tears again. I was tired of crying. —Luckily, he's a strong man. That would've killed anyone, but after the test we have run, he just needs to take it easy for a couple of days. Complete rest will do.