𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: No warnings lol

A/N: Hello! This is a little but important chapter. Mostly plot related, it will all make sense soon. :) Next chapter will be reaaaaal spicy hehe. Also I felt like I needed to tell you guys that this is a suitless Vader fic, I just picture them with their Jedi attire, fyi.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/N's POV

The whole time I was in the meeting with the 399th my mind was wandering around everything except the agenda's topics. Whilst my eyes were fixed on the projector's light, the images on the wall were the last thing playing in my head. My temporary second in command trooper called off the session and I was released from my silent suffering. It's not like I didn't like it, I was just not in the mindset to talk strategy; still too aroused from our last encounter. There was this awful feeling in the back of my head that Anakin's decision to move on from trying to get me into bed had more to it. There has to. He wasn't the type to let go of the topic so easily.

I made the decision to come back to Qui-Gon's office in case I could sneak into their super, duper, amazing, magnificent team meeting. I rolled my eyes out of frustration. Why wouldn't they invite me? But my walk was cut short in the middle of the main lobby when I saw the three of them walking out of the east wing and directly to the hangar, with a couple of troopers with suitcases following their trail. My head tilted in confusion and I guessed they saw it, because soon they were approaching me, Anakin with an uninterested look on his face.

—What's with the bags? Who's moving out? —I asked with furrowed brows and my fingers pointing at the mentioned items.

—We are, actually. —Obi-Wan sighed and glared at Qui-Gon. My heart dropped. What the hell? Like I know I wanted Anakin to be far away from me, but why Obi-Wan?

—Don't be so dramatic. It's just a few days. —Qui-Gon huffed.

—But, where are you going? —I pressured them into spilling some answers.

—Qui-Gon is sending us on a special recovery mission to the old Jedi Temple. —Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

—The Jedi Temple? Wha- That's like 10 minutes away from here, why do they look like they are moving out of the planet? —I made a funny confused grimace.

—Because that way they are not gonna get comfortable. I know that if they have to come back everyday, they will eventually stop going. And it's good punishment for their mistake. — Qui-Gon answered. Punishment? For what?

—You mean Anakin's. —Obi-Wan whispered loudly.

—Whatever. We won't talk more about it. Now leave. The ship is ready. —Qui-Gon moved his hand, encouraging them to make their way. Obi-Wan sighed and walked to the hangar, waving at me with a sweet grin. I expected Anakin to look at me and give some kind of cheeky line or wink provocatively at me before exiting, but nothing. He just walked past me and started to revise some things in his commlink. Nothing. I tried really hard to ignore the feeling of disappointment in my stomach.

This is what you wanted. You asked this yourself.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

These past few days have been really lonely here at the Empire headquarters.

The aisles were quieter, the days longer and the time incredibly slower. The hangar was lonelier than usual, the missing clones not filling the extra space. Due to Obi-Wan's absence, I've been eating alone most of the time; I really missed our breakfasts (Qui-Gon would join me mostly at dinner time, because he would go out in the mornings). And not only that, but whenever I was bored, I used to go and meet Obi-Wan wherever he was (always finding him on the rooftop) and just talk. Now it was totally silent.