𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

WARNING: Mentions of past trauma and heartbreak. Hate. Medium fluff.

And oh yes, so much Obi-Wan content!

A/N:  This one is dedicated to missskywalker_   !!! Thank you for being so supportive! So happy to see you here every time I post a chapter!!! <3

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

Y/N's POV

Step after step, the path to the terrace on the rooftop shortened.

Qui-Gon and Anakin left a week ago at dawn and no one besides the trope that was coming along noticed when they left. My hope to see Anakin one last time before he had to go was demolished by my heavy sleep, not allowing me to hear him get off the mattress and exit through the door.

So I started my morning as I would usually do before my daily routine was significantly modified by Anakin's presence. I did not feel like going out and being by myself in the training room would only make me feel more nostalgic, so exercising would have to be improvised today.

I hated the way he had somehow inmiscuated himself in every aspect of my life to the point I caught myself heavily missing him. In the most unexpected way, he had become a vital element and I didn't realize the importance of his role in my day.

Nosy ass.

He would always hit the snooze button before I could hear the alarm, and instead, wake me up by squeezing me in his arms. Needless to say, my soul almost left my body when it went off today.

I also missed his chocolate mustaches whenever we would drink hot cocoa in the morning, sitting on the edge of my balcony.

And I couldn't believe it, but I missed him tumbling around my bathroom as I did my skincare routine, trying to shave at the same time I was using the sink.

So running up the stairs to the secret garden seemed to help me get Anakin off my mind.

Well, kinda, I was still talking about him.

When I reached the top of the building, out of air and dying, I thought it would be isolated; perfect for me to find a bench and have a nap in the fresh air of the city. Or I would just stare at the buildings and the speeders, which was as equally relaxing as plan number one.

Was it really a surprise to find Obi-Wan there?

Actually, yes. It was rare to see him out of his room these days and not masking in the darkest corners of the semi-palace.

—Not today, Phoenix. —He said when he sensed me behind him.

—Obi-Wan Kenobi, you can't keep hiding forever. —I exhaled, fanning my face with my hand.

—I'm not hiding. I just want to be alone. —He murmured with a string of a voice and his arms behind his back, his cloak moving to the flow of the wind.

—You have been alone long enough. You can't keep shutting us out, Obi. —My body moved closer to him, my hand reaching out to touch his shoulder. —Talk to me.

His head moved in my direction, finally letting me see his red and wet face hidden behind the brown fabric.

This was not my Obi-Wan. This was not the cheery and wonderful man I've come to love. This was the mere shadow of him, a beaten-up version.