[06]

You've been staying at the Madrigals' for a week now, so far, it's great.

The wether is great, the room is great, the bed is great, the arepa is great, the [favorite food] is great, the cornbread is great, the water is great.

Basically, the food is the best.

Julieta's cooking always makes you happy and you found yourself getting excited for every meal to come because of her.

But Camilo always ruin every meal by stealing your food. He would do everything just to ruin your day by pointing things out that you did wrong, staring at everything you do which make you nervous.

The trauma that your father inflicted on you is still there so you hate it when someone is watching you do your chores because it will make you mess things up.

But no, that boy will do everything just to keep you tripping on your feet, he want to see a reaction out of your blank stares because he's getting tired of it.

Luckily, this time he's not around.

You saw him flirting and giving shitty compliments towards a beautiful girl by the town's fountain, you can clearly see the way he looked at her.

Full of joy and adoration.

His hazel eyes seem to bright the way it was rare to see, that's why you left him be so you can have some time to gather your thoughts.

Just as you turned back, the kids you were playing with for the past few days stopped you.

Arielle, the cheerful girl giggled and held your arm. "Come on! We want to give you something!"

Daniel held your other arm, his usual shy smile plastered on his face while the two of them dragged you to the tree where all of you would play.

"What are we doing here?" You asked, raising a brow at them.

Ariella, Arielle's twin sister, gave you (color) bag when the kids let go of you arms. They all eagerly stared at you and that made you smile.

"All of you want me to open this right here?" You chuckled which they all responded with a cheerful giggles followed by words of agreement.

You hummed, hands fumbling to open the (color) bag and pulled out the soft content from the inside. Your eyes softened at the sight of the yellow blanket that has different kind of yellow flowers embroidered on the bottom left.

"Thank you.." You breath out, accidentally lifting them all up in the air from all the fuzzy and warm feeling you're feeling inside your chest.

The series of laughter coming from them made you panicked for a second but quickly covered it with your usual blank expression, the kids grew to love that from you because they would play a game to see who can pull out a reaction from you.

After a while, you sling the bag around your shoulder and placed the kids on the grass again before bidding them goodbyes.

You gave an excuse that you have something to but in reality, you just want to be alone to gather your thoughts.

While walking back to Casita, you saw a certain part where it was raining and thundering heavily. Curiosity filled your veins so you surrounded yourself with a gust of wind and flew towards the plantation.

You looked down, eyes scanning the area for the person who caused the storm. It was already past the time for Pepa to water the plants if she stay longer in the rain, she might get sick.

You sighed heavily, you can't see the tall woman so you were about to fly away when your eyes caught the sight of the familiar orange dress of the woman that you're looking for.

You immediately flew down, slipping under the roof of the shed where Pepa currently reside then you carefully let your feet touch the green grass before brushing the black skirt you are wearing.

You got a little wet from the rain but you didn't pay any mind to it, instead you turned to the older woman.

"Señora Pepa?" You called out after fixing yourself, voice still void of emotion.

Pepa turned to you, scowl on her face as she wrapped her arms around herself to steady her shaking body and she kept rubbing circles on her visible skin in her arms.

"What do you want?" She snapped, annoyance dripping from her voice before looking back out on the crops.

You examined her appearance. Drenched clothes, wet hair, red and puffy eyes with tears stained cheeks.

You didn't say anything and took the blanket inside the bag that the kids gave you, you wrapped it around the shaking woman while slowly wiping her tears.

It was raining, you guessed that Pepa took that chance to cry.

"You're gonna catch a cold, Señora. It's not bad to cry but letting yourself get sick will make your family worried." You stated, tightening the thick and soft blanket around her body.

Pepa stayed quiet, the rain finally ceased and a couple of dark clouds lingered in the sky. She stared at the young woman infront of her, she suddenly felt bad for snapping out on you.

"Listen, hija-" she started but you only shushed her.

"It's fine, Señora." You stated, your voice wavered a little, "All of us have our bad days so I understand that you're upset and is probably under pressure. You don't have to explain yourself, okay?"

After tightening the fabric around her, you took a step back.

Pepa's eyes widened when she saw a smile on your lips, it was small but it's still a smile.

"If you want someone to listen, I'm always free. I don't mind listening." You said, voice sounded soft and gentle as if you're talking to a scared animal.

You perked up when you heard Alma calling out your name in the distance, you turned back to Pepa and you snapped your fingers. A gust of wind covered her hair gently and it slowly took its time to dry her hair.

You ran a hand on her hair and sighed in relief when you felt that it wasn't wet anymore.

"There. It's all dry." You breathed out, eyes sparkling slightly with joy upon your little achievement.

You turned your head to the side, hearing another yell came from Alma and you turned back to Pepa, an apologetic smile complementing your features.

"I have to go now, Señora. Please do keep what I said in mind, just call for me anytime and I'll gladly accompany you." You stated, your body for enveloped with wind once again and then you flew towards the town.

She watched your retreating figure, her hands gripping the blanket that you wrapped around her. She was upset and under pressure that's why she was crying, she didn't think that she'll get caught on the act because she surely made it sure that the thunder is loud.

She let a smile creep up on her face, her opinion on you drastically changed just because of that small interaction.

She's hella sure that she'll ask for your presence once more because she enjoyed the comfortable feeling it gave her.

With a smile on her face, white and puffy clouds with a shining rainbow above her head, she ventured back to the house to look for her husband.

She'll tell every single detail to him.