[23]

The atmosphere between you and Camilo became awkward after the accident this morning, he couldn't look at you in the eyes because everytime he do so, the memory flash in his mind causing for his nose to bleed uncontrollably.

He just wished that something will happen at the town that you two are staying at so he doesn't need to go out with you, why does he have to promise you that you two will go to the accessories stall?

I'm regretting my life decisions right now.. Camilo bemused in his mind, slipping in his ruana and looking at his appearance in the mirror.

Luckily for him, his face is not red anymore and the bleeding also stopped but he can still the warmness of his cheeks which really didn't help much because it just reminds him of the accident once again.

"Ay, dios mio." He sighed deeply and ran a hand on his face to calm his beating heart again.

He knows that he needed to hurry up because you're waiting for him outside but he can't stay alone with you because the embarrassment is just too much for him to handle, although he knew that it was an unavoidable circumstance for him.

He begrudgingly opened the door and stepped out of the bedroom, his eyes darted towards the front door and he saw you standing there.

You're wearing his yellow ruana with a white buttoned up short accompanied by a yellow skirt that Mirabel gave you as a present for your wedding.

His heart swells up with happiness and pride upon seeing your overall appearance and he cautiously took baby steps over to you.

"You surely took your time, hm?" You commented and it made the shapeshifter rub the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Lo siento.. At least I'm done now, yeah?" He gave you a crooked smile and avoided looking at your (color) eyes, he can feel your cold and judging gaze on his face which made him feel even more nervous than he is earlier.

He heard you sighed, "Whatever."

You opened the door and walked out, he quickly followed behind you after locking the cottage's door, he slowed down his pace once he was near enough to you and his eyes kept looking back at your hand by your side.

He had the urge to hold it just like how he do so for the past few days of your stay in this lovely town but the embarrassment is still flowing through his veins which stopped him from doing it.

He could only cross his arms infront of his chest so he can stop himself from wanting to hold your hand, his freckled cheeks puffed out as he huffed under his breath.

He felt so annoyed and disappointed at himself, the courtesy of knocking and giving you your privacy slipped from his mind because you always allow him to do what he wants ever since the day the two of you got married.

He had forgotten that you are also sharing the bedroom with him and he can't help but feel of want to punch himself in the face because of his insensitivity and stupidity.

"Are you gonna pay for the things I'll buy or should I use my money instead?" Your question brought him out of his inner turmoil.

Although it confused him, he jogged slightly so he can walk beside you and his arms only tightened themselves around him to stop the urge of holding your hand that looked so lonely.

"Why are you asking that question?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed and staring right ahead of his path.

He can see from his peripheral vision that you looked at him with a lost and annoyed expression on your face, "You'll seriously gonna answer my question with another question, madrigal?"

He pursed his lips and bit the inside of his cheek as he thought his choice of words to say to you. It was obvious that you are on a bad mood because of his prank that morning and the accident that also happened.

He cleared his throat, "I mean, what's mine is yours, mi amor. My clothes, my money, my things— except for the food, and the other necessities that I have also belong to you now."

He had to whisper some parts because he felt like it will tick you off, his words are true because the moment you said 'I do' with him on the church is the moment that you had sealed your life with him.

"Oh and.. You're also a madrigal now  so don't call me by our last name." He retorted back with a wavering sass.

The butterfly in his stomach fluttered happily when he heard you giggle from his side, it only worsen when he felt you tug on his arm and slipped your cold hand with his warm one.

"Oh, Camilo. I'm starting to feel lucky that I married you." You said with a breathy laugh at the end of your statement.

His heart did a backflip inside his chest when your (color) eyes that sparkled with happiness collided with his hazel eyes, the cheeky smile you have appeared once again.

Oh god. He can feel his face bursting with heat, Why does she have to be so.. Alluring and beautiful.

Camilo averted his gaze from yours, heart beating faster and harder inside his chest the longer he stare at those (color) eyes of yours.

"I'm sorry about the incident this morning.. I should've knocked before coming inside." He murmured under his breath, he knew that you can still hear him because you always can hear him whisper bitterly towards the things he doesn't like and you would always point it out.

He felt your hand squeeze his hand, the guilt hanging on his shoulders seem to vanish when he looked back at your face and saw the smile that adorned your beauty.

"It's fine. We're already married and is sharing a room so it's bound to happen sooner or later." You gave his warm hand another squeeze.

Camilo can't describe the happiness he's feeling right now, he doesn't need to avoid you anymore, you forgave his incompetent towards you and even blessed him by giving him that rare smiles of yours.

Your eyes left his face when the familiar stall came into your sight, the smile you have on your lips seem to widened and his heart skipped a beat once again.

Confusion overwhelmed his thoughts, he's been feeling weird around you lately. His heart feels like it's gonna explode when he's near you, he get the urge to hold your hand everytime he see and he always have the urge to wrap his arms around you.

He blinked rapidly when you pulled him towards the stall, "Hurry up, Camilo! The chameleon clips that I saw yesterday probably got sold off!"

You eagerly pulled him and he couldn't help but smile, your cheerfulness seem so contagious that it rubbed off to him.

He shrugged off the fluttering butterflies in his stomach, he'll worry and think about it later because he'd rather enjoy his time with you right now.

It will stop and disappear soon. He reassured himself before squeezing your hand gingerly with his and all of the worry vanished from the back of his mind.