[32]

Another three days had passed since Camilo reassured you that nothing bad will happen, two days had passed ever since Dolores and Mirabel had been sticking to your side non-stop, two days had passed since Pepa and Bruno stopped talking to you and a day had passed since Isabella started showing disgust towards you.

It was just mild at first, you don't know what happened but it just did.

"Ah! Mami, there you are!" The excitement on your voice is obvious as you ran to her.

She turned to you, a large smile plastered on her face when she saw you with two rainbow clouds above her head.

"What do you need me for, mija?" She ushered for you to get closer, her tone is sweet and gentle as she grasped your hand with hers.

"I'm worried about my health, I kept falling asleep on random places and my back would hurt occasionally for the past few days, I'm getting fatter too so I just wanted to ask if you know—" You quickly stopped rambling when you saw how her eyes widened a bit while looking past you, of course you got curious and looked behind you.

Your heart pound with anxiety when you saw a grey fog vanished into thin air, the remnants of it got blew away by the gentle breeze of the wind so you quickly looked back to your mother-in-law.

"Are you okay-" You stopped yourself from talking once more.

Papa's eyes glowed a bright grey as she stare into space before it went back to her beautiful natural ones, you felt her let go of your hand and she walked away from you without a word.

You pursed your lips, brows furrowing with confusion and pain.

"Oh? Amore, there you are!" Your husband's voice soon reached your ears and you had no choice but to face him with another troubled expression.

That was the first time she had avoided you and it continued until today, you wouldn't say that you didn't get hurt by her actions but you fully understand if she hates you because you were just a stranger at first after all.

If Pepa's resentment towards you pained you greatly then it pained you even more when the sweet prophecy man avoided you as well.

"Tio Bruno!" You exclaimed in relief when you saw him.

He was about to walk inside his tower when you caught the sight of him and you didn't waste anytime to run after the old man.

He turned his head to you, eyes flashing a bright green before it flickered to grey then back to green.

You stopped in your tracks when you saw that he covered his eyes, his other hand gripped his hair as he let out a groan. He sounded like he was in pain and you didn't want to move closer to him because he look like he's not in a good mood right now.

You watched him as he looked at you, the color of his eyes flickering from the color of green and grey. Switching fast that it hurt your eyes but you can only imagine how painful it must be for him.

"Go.." He muttered, the rest of his sentence was swallowed by the groan that soon followed after the word he uttered.

"Go away!" He screamed, hands gripping his messy raven hair as he slammed his head on the wall.

His sudden yell made you jump back, eyes widening in horror as you watched him run inside his tower with a loud slam when the door closed behind his retreating figure.

You crawled underneath the yellow blanket that your husband owns, your eyes squeezing shut when you recalled how Isabella looked at you with hatred and disgust.

"Oh, hija. I can do that, don't overwork yourself." Julieta skilled gently towards you.

Your husband hasn't made you left the bed for a week now because you've been feeling sick, throwing up, random headaches and fevers would resurface. It would switch everytime the other bad feeling had already you alone thus, making your husband worried sick.

"I can do this much, I'm comfortable with me nor doing anything to help." You gave her a smile and proceeded to walk out of the kitchen with the basket of magical food in your arms.

Isabella gracefully landed in the floor after she got down on the vines, she seem to finish her chores because she was about to go to the back of Casita where her botanical garden reside.

The urge of wanting to talk to her filled your entire system and your instincts told you to get close to her so you did.

"Isabella?" You called out.

The said beautiful woman stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around, the smile that's plastered on her face doesn't look welcoming, infact, it looked so cold and empty.

"Please don't say another word. I don't want to talk to the illegitimate daughter of [F/n]." She hissed out, her eyes filled with hatred and disgust as she look you, up and down before turning around and continuing her walk towards the garden.

"Illegitimate daughter..?" Your voice wavered slightly and you frowned at her words while watch her walk away.

After your encounter with your husband's cousin, you stopped coming out of your shared bedroom in fear of seeing more their hatred, judgemental and scornful gazes.

You didn't know why they were affecting you so much, you grew up in a toxic household with a toxic man ever born in the universe as the head of your family. You grew up learning and teaching yourself not to get affected by those kind of looks and words so why are they affecting you this badly?

"[Name]?" You got startled at the sudden call of your name.

You slowly stuck your head out from the blanket and caught a sight of Antonio standing by the end of the bed, an adorable smile on your face as he sat on the soft matress right beside you.

You didn't hear him walk in, you didn't hear the door opened and closed besides, you were sure that you locked the glowing door because you were afraid of Pepa, Bruno or Isabella coming inside the bedroom to throw insult towards you.

But you were glad that it wasn't them.

"Are you okay? You haven't come out since yesterday." The youngest madrigal frowned and crawled towards you.

You pursed your lips, you didn't want to talk to your husband's little brother and burdened him with your feelings but the way he looked at you with sadness and devastation? You couldn't help but tear up.

Antonio immediately wrapped his small arms around your neck and pulled you into a hug, you didn't hesitate to hug back to the young boy and you let the bottled up pain inside your chest to go out.

"That's right.." Antonio whispered, a smile adoring his face as his eyes glowed a bright grey before it quickly went back to his natural colored ones.

"Just let it all out, [name]."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Last chapter, I swear!

I hope y'all liked this one. :›