[24]

The next day eventually came, the birds chirping loudly outside of the bedroom's window that the two newlyweds are currently sleeping in.

Like everyday, the shapeshifter is the first one to wake up from his deep and peaceful slumber. His eyelids opened slightly and his vision is blurry because of the remaining sleepiness in his system.

He closed his eyes again and turned to his side but he quickly opened them again when he felt someone beside him.

His hazel eyes stared at your beautiful features, a smile made its way on his lips when he felt you snuggled to him, wanting to feel more of the warmth that his body gives to your cold body temperature.

He didn't hesitate to wrap his arm around your waist and slid his other arm under your head, he pulled close to him and made sure to radiate more warmth for you because due to your gift, your body would often feel cold.

He didn't like it at first but he's rather used to it now, his lips peppered some kisses on top of your head while carefully placing them gently so he wouldn't wake you up.

He sighed in content when he felt your arms tightened around him even more, he's used to waking up next to you, cuddling and snuggling closer to him everytime he'll move away from your embrace.

He felt the sleepiness kicking in once again, he let out a muffled yawn and tightened his arms around you before closing his eyes.

Your warmth, your quiet snores, steady breathing along with your heart beats lulled him back to sleep and he gladly succumbed to the darkness.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Ugh.. What time is it.. You let out a groggy groan as you stir away from the loving embrace of your husband.

You blinked your sleepiness away and scoot closer at the edge of the bed, you slipped away from the soft blanket and stood up on your feet.

You rubbed your eyelids before glancing at the clock, Nine o'clock.

You hummed, your eyes looking back at he shapeshifter's sleeping form then you pulled the blanket and placed it on top of him, covering his whole body before you walked out of the shared bedroom.

You stepped inside the bathroom, washing, brushing your teeth and fixing your hair then you walked out of the bathroom. Your feet dragged you towards the closet room where you placed all your clothes.

Camilo made it clear that you'll have to change your clothes in there so he wouldn't accidentally walk in on you again, he made it sure that he placed all your belongings inside so you wouldn't have to carry anything.

You only smiled when you remembered his frantic expression upon hearing that you can carry your things by yourself.

He's such a gentleman. You chuckled with a roll of your eyes.

You quickly changed your sleeping clothes to black shirt, a green ruana that your Too bruno gave you accompanied by a black trousers that Mariano gave you as a wedding gift along with Dolores's gift.

You sighed in relief, you didn't forgot to wear the chameleon clip that your beloved shapeshifter bought for you, the two of you were happy that it didn't got sold off so he quickly brought it before anyone else could buy it.

"Wear this everyday. Except from my last name, consider this as one of my gift too."

His playful voice resurfaced from the back of your mind, you let out a huff and put the clip on your hair and it complemented your hairstyle.