[11]

The next day came almost too quickly, after Pepa suggested for the three of you two spend time together on the woods which she quote happily "Mother and daughters time."

You spent the rest of the day with the two of them, they kept asking you questions but none of them are pretty personal.

Of course, you answered all of them. They did their best to make you happy and comfortable with them which made you feel grateful.

You smiled slightly while reminiscing the memory from yesterday before snapping out of it when you heard Alma calling out for you and for the shapeshifter.

"He's part of the stupid madrigals. You'll marry him because he's the only male available to have a spouse."

Your father's voice appeared on your inside your head, you suddenly felt nervous, the smile you had earlier vanished from your lips and your heart started beating like crazy as you slowly made your way out of your freezing bedroom.

"Ah, there you are!" Alma's deary face brightened up with a big smile as soon as you came into her view.

You saw Camilo beside her, a troubled expression on his face while looking down on the floor. He was fumbling on the end of his yellow ruana and his mouth is moving, muttering inaudible words under his breath.

Abuela madrigal held your hand and pulled you as well as Camilo inside her room, her glowing door slammed close behind the three of you.

She let go of your hand then pushed you beside her grandson, a smile adoring her elderly face before stepping back to look at you two.

"You two looked so perfect together."

Your heart dropped on your stomach upon her sentence, you didn't want to accept the fact that she already made up her mind about you, marrying her grandson.

"You'll be perfect with that shapeshifter. Both of you are dumb and useless."

The words from your father hang around at the back of your head.

Your feet felt cold, the anxiety boosting the frostbites to crawl up on your waist, quickly spreading around your body.

You were just enjoying yesterday, you felt so free and happy with Pepa along with Dolores, they told you that it's fine if you didn't want to marry Camilo but you know that you can't say that infront of Alma.

The ice spread around quickly, your emotion going haywire and it covered most of Alma's things.

"Yes, abuela." Your breath got caught in your throat when you felt a warm hand grasping your cold ones.

Your eyes glanced to the shapeshifter, gaze questioning his action and he only responded with a smile before looking back to Alma.

"Of course, we'll look perfect together, we're getting married, remember?" Camilo stated while pulling you closer to his side, his hand squeeze yours reassuringly then his other hand made its way to your hips.

Alma seem to brightened up more because of the shapeshifter's actions, you didn't speak. You're afraid of the words that will come out of your mouth thus making Camilo all the pleasing and the talking.

"Yes, mijo. You two will get married next week and it will be good for our Encanto." A eager smile on her lips as she stated those dreadful words.

Camilo squeezed your waist, he can feel how cold your body is because you're so close with him. He tried to calm your nerves especially when you're starting to cover his grandmother's things with ice.

"Uhh.. Abuela?" The shapeshifter called out, "Can we go now? Me and [name] planned to take care of the kids in town as our date-"

"Or course! A date while serving our people." Alma immediately cut him off, her hands grabbing your shoulder and how shoulder before leaving a kiss on each of your cheeks.

"Now, go. Have fun with the date." The old woman laughed.

Camilo didn't waste any time to pull you out of his grandmother's room, his hand still on yours as he bid a farewell from the old woman.

His eyes caught how the ice melted away when you stepped out, he quietly closed the door after smiling brightly to his grandmother then he let out the breath that he was holding.

He glanced at you, your face is blank but your eyes held a lot of emotion that he hasn't seen before, although, he was familiar with one.

Anxiety. His mother is always anxious, that's why he's familiar with it.

He sighed softly, he couldn't believe that he's doing this for you but he will feel really guilty if he left you alone in this state. He squeezed your cold hand, trying to catch your attention which he successfully do so.

Your [color] eyes glanced at him, swirling with so many emotions that it threw him off slightly.

"I- uhh.." He completely forgot what he was about to say.

He sheepishly chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, his eyes glancing down at your hand then he caught a troubling sight.

Your hand is covered with frostbites, red and pale skin sticking out slightly and he could see that your fingers are bleeding too, now that he took a little closer, he can see that you're trembling as well, his eyes scanned your exposed skins, from your arms to your face.

You're covered with ice, lips and skin turning pale as the ice continued to travel further down your body.

"Dios mio, what happened?" He asked, worry and panic dripping from his voice.

You didn't answer, you can't.

The emotion you were holding back for so long is resurfacing and it hit you like a brick, you didn't want to have a breakdown infront of the shapeshifter.

That's why you pulled your hand away from his warm ones then you quickly ran away from him, you're freezing. Smoke came out of your mouth as you kept huffing.

You just want to go back to your room, hide away and locking yourself in, away from the painful reality.

"You'll only be useful if you marry the oldest grandson of the madrigal."

You heard your father's voice inside your head, panicked breathes came out of you as you halt in your tracks and covered your ears.

"No one would want a murderer like you so marry a dumb one, he doesn't know about the crime you did."

Frustrated tears escaped from your eyes, you desperately clung onto your ears to stop the traumatizing words of your father.

You heard a muffled yell, the sound gave you enough strength to continue running back to your room.

Black spots filled your vision, the frostbites creeping to your face. You needed to calm down but you couldn't, you have bottled it up for so long that you need to let it out.

Your pace slowed down, you weren't that far anymore. Just one more door then you'll reach your room but your legs feels numb and cold.

Your head feel so light, your eyesight getting blurry which made you grip the the railing beside you.

Your heart beat painfully inside you chest, you grasped the front of your blouse to stop the unbearable pain but your legs finally gave out under your weight and you felt your body falling forward.

"[NAME]!"

The shapeshifter's voice reached your ears before you succumbed to the darkness.