[38]

"You can't go out, mi amor." Camilo blocked the doorway before you could take a step outside, his arm wrapped around your waist while the other one is gripping the doorframe for the glowing wooden door.

You furrowed your brows, "I've been stuck inside your bedroom for five weeks, Camilo. Why won't you let me go out?"

The tone on your voice indicates that you're annoyed and are losing patience from his childish behavior from forbidding you to go outside, he wouldn't even let you go anywhere alone, even in the bathroom, he'll follow you. He doesn't care what you'll do inside because he doesn't want to take the risk of you getting hurt without him by your side.

He knew that his actions are causing some suspicion to rise, coming from his family, your father, cousin, and the girl he used to admire- Maria Valentina.

For some odd reason, the girl kept littering around the magical house and he can't do anything about it because his parents doesn't care if the girl is there, in fact, Pepa seem to love her presence more than yours which concerned him deeply because just a while ago, his mother discarded him just so she can hug you, but why is she hanging out with maria now? 

"[Name], please," Camilo begged, his hazel eyes glistening with tears as he did his best to stop his voice from breaking.

He's scared, he doesn't have any idea what is happening, the two of you came back from your honeymoon, both tired and anxious because of the sudden changes in his family's behavior. He also doesn't have any idea what is wrong with you because you kept snapping at him, asking for him to go out and take more different kinds of snacks to satisfy your cravings, hunger, and suddenly want to eat something according to your tastebuds.

He's getting tired but he just wants to keep you safe, protected, and away from all the harm that could hurt you, anything, anywhere, and anyone. He doesn't care but your seemingly stubborn personality is getting worse every day.

"I just want you to be safe, away from your cousin and father, who I think will hurt you the most if they got the chance." The shapeshifter grasped your waist and hoisted you up with both hands when you stopped struggling.

He took that chance to close his bedroom door and hold you tightly so you wouldn't fall from his hold, he slowly made his way towards his bed and he could only hear you let out an exasperated sigh, he guessed is from his stubbornness and secretive behavior. 

"Just tell me why you don't want me to go alone then I'll be good and stay here." You murmured when he placed you down on the bed gently, [color] eyes glancing blankly on his golden complexion.

"Your cousin, Samuel, told me to-" He got cut off when a knock was heard from the bedroom door which made him turn his head in the direction of his glowing door.

"Hermano, Mami is calling for you." Dolores's voice came from the other side of the door and the shapeshifter in front of you visibly relaxed, his eyes looking back at your expectant gaze from your [color] eyes that he grew to love.

"I'll tell you later, let me go to Mami first." Your husband informed you while reaching out to hold your hand and leaving a kiss on your fingers before he stood up and walked to the exit of his bedroom.

"Be fast. You still need to explain." You sighed out and sit properly on the soft mattress, your back is slowly killing you and your breasts are starting to get even bigger which made you worried, it also aches badly from time to time.

Camilo opened the door, his sister's tensed posture greeted him with a basket full of fruits and arepas. He raised a brow, silently questioning the large amount of food o his sister's arms but before he could ask, Dolores, pushed him aside.

"This is for my sister-in-law. Me and her need to talk, go and find Mami, I can hear her from the plantation," The dark-skinned woman let out a squeak with her eyes glancing worriedly towards him, "And Maria's helping her."

The shapeshifter nodded his head, excusing himself and Dolores watched his retreating figure until he was out of sight.

She jolt from her spot when Antonio came rushing in front of her, an expectant look on his eyes and a cheery smile on his face as he looked up to his sister. Parce was following him from behind, all tensed up and ears dropped while his tail moved side to side from his behind.

"Can I see [name] with you?" The little madrigal asked, dark eyes staring right straight to hers which she could only respond by shaking her head and slamming the door on his face.

You watched the whole ordeal play in front of you, eyebrows furrowing and lips pursing along with your heart beating anxiously inside your chest because of Dolores's action towards her little brother. You glued your eyes on her petite figure as she walked towards you, her hand gripping the basket a little too hard causing her knuckles to turn white.

"What's wrong?" You asked, a little conscious of her when she placed the basket right next to your feet.

"Listen," Dolores breathed out, she got on one knee and grasped your cold hand with her trembling and warm hand. Her red lips quivered slightly as her eyes glanced down at your stomach, "I can hear a heartbeat."

Your breath got caught in your throat with eyebrows furrowing even further in confusion and anxiety from her words, "What do you mean by that? Heartbeat?"

Her hand slipped away from yours, her right hand caressed your stomach while her other hand caressed her own stomach and the action left you speechless.

"I'm pregnant. I was happy at first." Tears slipped from her eyes, "But Mariano, Mami, Antonio, and Abuela started acting strange. I got scared to tell them about my situation to them, I don't know how to break the news."

Her hand gently moved to your waist, her forehead making contact with your knee with a sob leaving her lips. You don't know what to do or say except grab her hand from your waist and hold her warm hand to be caressed with your cold ones reassuringly.

"I heard your father talking to someone with a very familiar voice but they would always somehow block my hearing by talking over something loud and ear-piercing noise." She inhaled deeply, "You're in danger, they are after you."

"What makes the situation even worse is that when I heard a heartbeat coming from you, not from your heart but from your stomach." She pursed her lips, eyes glancing back to the bump on your abdomen with an anxious and concerned gaze.

"The three of you are in danger, I haven't told anyone about this yet but it seems whoever wants to harm you, has already an idea." 

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I'm sorry for the late update! 

I hope y'all liked this one. <3