[28]

The morning sky with a mix of hues and blues, the clouds moved like the ocean water laving the seashore, the gentle breeze of the morning air kissed the dancing trees and the flying birds freely roam the open space in the sky.

The sunlight shone down on Camilo's eyelids, startling and waking up the shapeshifter from his peaceful and deep slumber causing for him to shift in his position.

A quiet groan resonated from his chest as he sat up and rubbed his face, he let out a sigh once the remaining sleepiness from his system had finally left him alone.

What time is it..? He blinked slowly and was about to get off the bed when he felt an arm around his waist.

He tensed up slightly, the dizziness taking over his brain as the memories last night became fuzzy in his mind.

"Camilo.." You gasped out, (color) eyes tearing up and your cold hands gripping his warm hands.

The shapeshifter's hazel eyes widened when a memory flashed in front of his, he quickly looked beside him and sure enough you're sleeping there, one arm wrapped around him while the other one is gripping the soft blanket around your body.

I.. I didn't do anything stupid right? Camilo pursed his lips and turned to you, his weight leaned against his right hand while the other one reach out for the fabric that's covering your upper half.

He held the blanket in his hand gently and slowly lower it, his eyes widened at the sight of your skin full of bites and small bruises.

"Don't leave too many marks.. I don't know if your Tia's arepa could heal those." Your voice is not above a whisper.

"I think it would be better to leave those unattended, mi amor."

"Camilo!" Your flushed expression came into view making him chuckle heartily.

His lips quivered slightly, his hazel eyes littered around your body that he claimed and marked last night, he doesn't know why his heart swelled with pride and joy when he saw those noticeable marks on your neck.

His eyes trail up to your face, your lips are agape and the urge to kiss you entered his system, he could only shake his head and watch as even breathes came out of your lips before he looked up, your eyes are fluttered close but somehow he wants to see those beautiful (color) eyes staring back at him.

He was lost of words, too stunned to speak and too embarrassed to do anything.

Did he seriously pursue you last night? Was the words that came out of his mouth was his sober thoughts? Felix often tell him that when he drinks he'll end up saying the things he wasn't supposed to say.

He covered his face with his two hands and wanted to let out a scream but he knew he couldn't do it since you are sleeping soundly beside him, he moved his hands a little lower and took a peak at your peaceful expression before another wave of embarrassment washed over him.

His face burst into a fit of warm heat, spreading fast as it reached his ears and neck.

I'll just pack our things so she wouldn't have to do it later.. He bemused to himself and gently lifted your arm from his waist before slipping away from the bed.

He walked over to the dresser and quickly put on some comfortable clothes, he didn't really pay any mind to his attire since the embarrassment and happiness are filling his entire system.

He couldn't careless about the dress and anything he's about to touch from your belongings, you're his wife right? He has the rights to touch your things too right? He's your husband and already shared an intimate moment with each other, surely you wouldn't mind if he decided to pack your things as well.

He let out a huff, his hand ruffling his curly hair out of  frustration because he doesn't know what will be your reaction. You are his wife but he still doesn't know much about you, except from the fact that you really love food like him then he doesn't know anything else aside from that.

He run a hand on his face, sighing quite loudly and deeply to calm his nerves that seem to be reacting aggressively at the fact he doesn't know you that much.

"Dios mio.. Is this how Mariano felt when he asked me for help for mi hermana's birthday?" The shapeshifter murmured against his palm.

His hazel eyes flickered at your buried form in the bed, a smile unknowingly made its way to his lips before he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Everything will be fine. He reassured himself and walked out of the bedroom, his feet carried him towards the room where he put all of your belongings when he accidentally walked in on you changing your clothes.

A quiet laugh escaped his lips when he remembered how stupid he is that day because he didn't thought about knocking but at least he saw a sight that is only for him to see.

He hummed as he stepped inside the room, your things aren't messily littering the floor, most of them are folded and hanging by the back of the chair while the bag was left ope. He knew it wouldn't take him long so he immediately started cleaning your things.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

It took him a while to put everything back in the bag, he made sure to prepare your clothing for later so when Señor Osvaldo arrived, you'll just wear them and won't think of anything unnecessary.

He picked up your bag and walked out of the room, he quietly made his way back to the bedroom that you two shared and a smile on his lips complimenting his handsomely features.

Once he stepped inside the bedroom, he saw how you were tossing and squirming around with a troubled expression on your sleeping face.

He dropped your bag on the chair and run towards the bed, his hand gently shook your shoulder to wake you up and he panicked when he saw the frostbites creeping on your fingertips.

"[Name]! Wake up!" His voice wavered slightly as he continue to shake you awake, luckily, your eyelids flew open and ragged breathes came out of your mouth.

You sat up and gripped the blanket to cover your upper half, he didn't waste anytime to wrap his arms around your body. He can feel how you tensed up at first before quickly melting against his warm embrace, you leaned your body closer to him as a shaky sigh escaped your lips.

"It's just a bad dream, mi amor." He whispered against you, lips pursing as he thought how bad your dream is for you to look so shaken up like this.

This is the first time that he saw you like this and he hate it already, he would rather see you with a blank expression and annoyed than being shaken up, you looked so scared and nervous which made him feel a little hopeless because he doesn't know how to calm you down.

He just resorted to leaning in and placing a reassuring kiss on your cheek while his hand rub your arm to soothe your nerves.

That action seem to calm you down.

"Thanks.." You murmured and wrapped your arms around his torso but you quickly pulled away, your face contorted in disgust.

"You reek of alcohol." You hissed and pushed him away which made him let out a laugh.

He saw how you smile and heard you laugh along with him, he can't stop the smile from forming in his face as he watched you got surrounded with vibrant flowers that seem to compliment your beauty.

I'd rather see her like this. He thought to himself before pulling your giggling form close to him.