[37]

"I don't know what's happening but the three of them has been going out in the middle of the night." Samuel stated, voice sounding tired and sleepy.

His eyes flickered to Camilo's arms around your waist to the shapeshifter's scowl on his face.

"And can you please let go of my cousin? I won't take her away so calm your balls, okay?" The twin brother scowled at the shapeshifter who also scowled back at him.

You can sense the growing tension between the two and you don't know who started it, but you know one thing for sure.

"I want an arepa right now." You murmured loud enough for the two of them to hear.

Camilo planted a kiss on your shoulder and Samuel visibly cringed at the sight infront of him.

"Stop it, Camilo.. I said I want an Arepa right now." You said again and raising your voice slightly, slight annoyance can be heard from the tone you have.

"You'll seriously gonna eat while I'm saying something important?" Samuel raised a brow, amusement and confusion plastered behind those dark eyes of his.

You gave him a scowl, ice quickly covering half of his body because of the annoyance that's filling your head.

"I said I want an Arepa. Do I have to repeat myself?" You snapped, [color] eyes flickering between a tensed up Camilo and a frowning Samuel.

"I think it's quite unreasonable for you to freeze half of my body just because you're hungry." Your cousin managed to breathe out along with a puff of smoke coming out of his mouth.

"You're extra snappy than usual, are you okay, mi amor?" Camilo asked, his lips leaving kisses on your nape in a attempt to calm you down.

You pursed your lips, he's right. You suddenly craved for arepas and even got annoyed when they tried to shrugged it off but you just wanted to have more of the delicious snack so the annoyance you felt only increased.

"Just.. Get me more arepa, please." The ice spread around the three of you, it covered the furnitures and the things that was near to you making it buried under the thick layer of ice.

"Alright, alright. I'll take more of that, is that all you want?" Camilo hoisted you down on the bed, his arm draping over to your waist while his other hand rubbed your arm and trail some kisses on your shoulder.

Samuel had to hold back the urge to gag because of your husband's affectionate actions, he bit his lower lip to stop the words that he want to say but he didn't want to make you more annoyed than you are now.

"Just get more arepa, madrigal. Your wife is getting cranky and will probably kill you if you don't give it to her soon." Your cousin commented, he watched Camilo stop kissing your shoulder and let go of your waist but he left a kiss on your lips before he glared to him and walked passed him.

Samuel only rolled his eyes at your husband's childish antics, "I don't know why you agreed to marry that kid, he seem so immature."

His body jumped from his spot when he felt the ice creeping up to his chest, he swallowed the lump in his throat when he saw several ice shards were pointed at him.

"He might be immature, but at least he's doing his best to be loving, caring and affectionate husband." You muttered, [color] eyes squinted into a glare towards his direction.

"Unlike you." You hissed, "Who let his wife die in his uncle's hands because he's too scared to protect her."

Samuel could only lower his head in shame, face contorting into an upset and anxious expression as he stared on the ice covered floor.

"Just tell me what you need to say then scram." You sighed out, a headache forming on your head and you massaged your scalp to prevent it to form even further.

Your cousin cleared his throat, discarding the heaviness on his chest as he looked up at you.

"Do you know who Maximo is?" His voice wavered a little at the mentioned name and you only shook your head, brows furrowing in confusion because of the familiar warmth that the given name gave to you.

"He's our uncle, the youngest one from the eight siblings." Samuel looked at you straight in the eyes, sincerity and seriousness on his dark orbs.

"He said that someone is slowly taking over the minds of the two magical family." He murmured.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

After three days of locking yourself inside your husband's room and with him going out to town to do his chores, he kept giving excuses to his grandmother that you were feeling sick for the past three weeks since he still doesn't know what's happening.

When Samuel left his shared bedroom with yours, your cousin warned him about something.

"Protect her, if you don't want to lose two important people in your life."

After that warning, he didn't let you go out of the bedroom anymore. If you wanted to go somewhere, he'll make sure to be there by your side to protect you from anyone who will go near you.

He didn't want you to get hurt, he didn't want you to get in danger just because of what's happening.

His family are acting stranger, except from Dolores, Mirabel, Felix and Agustin while the rest are crossed out from his list.

Not trusting his family pained him deeply especially his mother, who raised him with love and care so not letting her go near you nor not going to her to be by her side, affected him greatly.

But he can't let his guard down, you started acting strange ever since your cousin left the Casita, he also gave Camilo a warning that includes life so he knows that it's something serious.

He just don't know how he'll handle it, he doesn't know who's the culprit or who's the mastermind, he doesn't know how he'll be able to protect you because from Samuel's warning, there's a possibility that you will lose your life.

I can't let that happen. He thought to himself, hazel eyes glistening with determination.

Even if it takes my life.
I won't let anything happen to her.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I'm sorry for the late update again.
I'm getting quite busy as of late.

I hope this chapter made enough sense and I hope y'all liked this one. <3