[56]

Camilo stared at your unconscious body in his arms, he refused to let go of you ever since Irisia started healing you using your father's energy.

He is confused because your father started to act different, he is completely the opposite of the man he used to know even thought he talked to him a couple of times.

The expression on your father's face is grim, his eyes are swirling with different kinds of emotions as he stared at Irisia before staring back to you. It was as if he's memorizing every detail on your faces, it was as if he's carving every bits of it to his mind.

Irisia started to tear up and it alerted the males infront of her, Camilo flinched slightly when your sister stopped healing your wounds.

"Why did you stop? Just keep healin—" The shapeshifter raised his hand to grab your sister's hand but she pulled away.

"Look at her!" Irisia exclaimed as she point to your stomach which made him and your father turn their attention to the injury.

"Why is she not healing?!" Your father hollered in worry while pulling his own hand away from your younger sister's grip, he took off the poncho he's wearing and pressed it against the open wound on your stomach. 

The blood stained the soft fabric and it continued to seep out of your body, the wretching and sickening smell made them sick especially when you're slowly turning pale within your husband's arms.

"It was weird.. I kept healing her for almost an hour but she's not getting better." Irisia's voice sounded so exhausted and strained as she glanced at your almost peaceful expression.

The salty liquid rolled down as she continued to watch you breath through your nose, you're still hanging on but at same time, you already gave up.

"She refuse to receive the healing." The young woman breathed out as she wipe the tears away on her cheeks, her skin got stained with blood from her hands but she didn't care.

Camilo shook his head and his hazel eyes glistened with tears while grasping your cheeks, "Mi amor. Come on, don't be stubborn."

"I know that you're persistent but please." He inhaled sharply to stop the sob to come out from his mouth, "Let your sister heal you."

"You need to get better, we still need to comeback to Encanto, remember?" The shapeshifter's voice shook as he spoke those words against your ear, his lips pressed on the side of your head while cradling your body closer to him.

You can hear the shaking voice of your husband along with the trembling hands of your sister and father that is holding your hands.

You can't open your eyes any longer, you can only hear and feel them as they continue to try to bring you back up again but your body isn't moving anymore.

Your eyes closed on you, halfway of your sister's healing process, you just felt sleepy and the need to close your eyes overpowered your whole being which you begrudgingly succumb to.

"Mi vida, you promised to me infront of the altar that you will stay by my side in sickness and in health but why are you leaving me so soon?" Camilo's hushed whispers broke your heart into pieces, his words stabbed you nonstop with so much guilt and pain.

You wanted to open your eyes right then and there but no matter how much you force yourself to do it, you just couldn't.

Your body already gave out on you ever since they arrived to rescue you, just when Dannia is already out of the image, just when everything is about to get better.

Just when you're about to be happy, just when you're about to spend your life in peace and be free with your little sister and your husband, just when everything finally became clear with your father and just when you're about to start over.

Why does it have to be your time now?

Why did you have to feel this kind of unfair treatment of this cruel world? You didn't do anything. You only did your best to survive, you only did your best to protect the people you hold dearly inside your hear—

Ah.. I failed to protect Jasmine.

Camilo and Irisia only cried harder when they saw a tear slid down your cheeks, it continued to fall as if you're crying along with them. The tears won't stop from falling and it continued to roll down until it dropped on to your chin.

"Don't cry, mi amor.. I'm here right beside you.." Your husband cooed sweetly and pressed his lips on your tears stained cheek, he doesn't care if he gets wet because of your blood or tears.

He just want you close to him right now.

"We promised to each that only death will rip us apart.. But isn't this too soon?" Camilo whispered shakily, his arms tightening around your body and he can feel the calm heartbeat against your chest.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

It's slowly getting weak and it only made him cry harder against your shoulder while pulling you even more closer to him, the unwanted but broken sobs escaped from his lips as he continued to hold you.

"I want to see your smile one more, amor.. I want hear you laugh one last time.." Camilo pleaded, begging for your to at least give him a sign of you, fighting and wanting to live.

"Please! Just open your eyes and say I love you one more time!" The shapeshifter cried out, his sobs are louder this time which caused for your heart to ache badly.

"I want to hear you say that you love me! I want to hear those words from your mouth—" He couldn't finish his statement because the hiccups wouldn't stop from resurfacing.

Camilo gripped the yellow skirt that you are wearing, the chameleon clip that was on your hair caught his attention which made him smile sadly. He reached out for the clip and shakily pressed it on your chest along with his trembling hand.

"I haven't told you properly how much I love you and yet you're already leaving me.."

Camilo took a deep breath before leaning in, his hazel eyes shut close as he pressed his warm and soft lips with your cold and chapped ones.

He can no longer feel you breathing, he can no longer feel your familiar coldness and warmth against his skin, he can no longer feel your heartbeat through your chest.

He only pressed his lips harder to yours as the tears on his eyes escaped once more, his chest swelled with agony, sorrow and devastation.

He begrudingly pulled away from you with another sob leaving his lips as he grasped your cheeks gently.

"Let's meet again in another life.."

.

.

.

"In that life, I will find you and marry you."

.

.

"We'll start all over again. I don't care how long it will take because I would continue to look for you all over the world."

.

.

.

"We'll have a mini me and a mini you running around inside our lovely home.."

.

.

.

.

"So please.. Let us meet again, mi amor."

.

.

"Because I can't live in a world without you.."