[49]

"This far should be good." Jasmine murmured, exhaustion evident on her face and voice as the sand around you slowly dispersed.

It took approximately two hours since the six of you had fled away from your cousins and the stranger from behind them, in that two hours, your youngest sister didn't stop moving places to places to make sure that all of you will be safe.

All of you are still taking shelter and hiding underground, it took a few days for Samuel to find you so surely, it will take him a more days to find you guys again. The twins' flow of thoughts are almost basic.

They wouldn't think that you guys would hide underground again.

"Take a rest, I can take care of them." You and Irisia stated at the same time which made your little sisters turn to you in worry.

"You can't." Jasmine muttered weakly, slumping against the soft sandy bed that she just made before closing her eyes and letting the fatigue to take over.

You furrowed your brows and looked at Irisia, she placed down food and the other things in a flat surface of the nearest rock before slumping on the ground.

"What does she meant that I can't?" You asked.

Camilo, Dolores and Mirabel decided to stay quiet, they can feel the tension growing between you and your little sister so they stayed quiet instead of adding more fuel to the fire.

Irisia glanced at you before letting out a tired sigh, she motioned for you to sit down which you let a few thick layer of ice to be formed as a chair so the others can take a seat too.

You sat down and crossed your arms infront of your chest, [color] eyes squinting into a questioning glare as you stare at your flaming little sister.

"I'm more familiarized on healing tactics, medicines and herbs." She run a hand on her wavy and messy black hair as she averted her gaze away from you.

"Ever since I got my enhancements, I made sure to focus on those fields in fear of losing you or Jasmine." She muttered, the fire at the corner of her hair is slowly getting large which indicates that she's feeling bad, guilty or anxious.

"I found out that you were having twins because I healed you, I found out about their gender because of the forbidden seal that I somehow managed to unlock a few months back." Irisia breathed out as the guilt and sadness evident on her face, "I'm sorry for hiding it."

Your heart ached at the sight of your sister trying to hide her face because of shame and guilt, you couldn't help but feel bad so you pushed her towards you using your ability to control the wind.

She got slumped against you, her face on your chest and her arms wrapped on your waist as you caressed her head to soothe the negative feelings in her chest then you finally felt her trembling against you.

"The reason why you shouldn't use your gifts to help us is because you're pregnant." She whispered and a sob followed after, "I found a book in our father's chamber that talks about the pregnancy of our family."

"I sneaked in and stole that book because I was curious." She mumbled and buried her face on your shoulder further, "The women who has a strong gifts can't use their abilities once they got pregnant because it will put the babies in danger."

Your heart almost dropped to your stomach once you heard her statement, that information took a minute to sink into your brain.

"D..anger?" You stuttered out, your whole being filled with shock, fear and anxiety.

"The more you use your gifts, the more chances that you will lose the twins." Irisia managed to breath out, "The women on our family will become fragile once they got pregnant and I also read from the book that if the person she loved shared an intimate moment together,"

"The chances of carrying a child will rise to eighty percent because our body will react on wanting to have an heir for our family." She murmured.

You pursed your lips, bewilderment filling your whole head as you try to process the information again, "So does that mean that the women's purpose is to only give birth to a stronger baby for the next generation?"

Your question left Irisia speechless, you tightened your arms around your little sister because you know what they say.

Silence means yes.

"Our grandpa and grandma.. They're so sick." You hissed out, eyes glistening with tears and you couldn't stop the ice from spreading, pointy ice shards and snowflakes have appeared around you.

Dolores let out a squeak when one of the shards almost hit her right foot, she was quick to move away with Camilo and Mirabel assisting her so she'll be safe.

You knew that your family were cursed and blessed at the same time but the reason why the women in your family die earlier than the men makes you feel sick, your father told you that he doesn't know about it and now you're thinking otherwise.

"When I healed you, I was stunned that I found out you were pregnant." She stated as she pulled away from your embrace then she proceeded on placing her palm on your stomach, "And they're twins which made it even more dangerous."

You bit your lower lip to calm your anxious heart, Irisia placed her other hand on your forehead and smiled gently.

You can feel your head getting light with your vision getting blurry as you see how her eyes and hand glow a light red, "You need to rest, your emotions and thoughts are getting haywire."

She leaned in and kissed your cheek then she pulled away along with her hands, you can hear your husband's panicked screams with your sister's calm statements which only reached your ears as muffled voices.

You can feel the familiar warmth of your husband around your waist then his handsome face came into view, he looked so worried with tears running down hus freckled cheeks as he pulled you close to him.

You blinked slowly, your eyelids grew heavy then you felt your head fell down on Camilo's shoulder before the darkness welcomed you once again.