[40]

"I told you to not hurt her! What if you didn't get here in time for me to heal her?!" You heard a voice coming from somewhere. 

Everything is dark, your surroundings are dark, no light can be seen anywhere, it's just a black abyss and you were in the middle of it. Your body feels heavy but so light at the same time, the temperature is warm and cold, you can't pinpoint which one is overpowering you. 

"I didn't mean to! She struggled when I tried to approach her calmly!" The deep and annoyed of a man reached your ears, your hands twitched at the familiar sound of the door being slammed open or probably close.

"Define calmly, Samuel! I'm pretty sure that you were being a dick again and tried to threaten her by pointing your fucking orbital knife!" The familiar aggressive voice of your little sister finally pierced through your ears. You can hear another shushed whisper resonated in the air which made Irisia heaved a deep breath then a series of heavy footsteps neared your spot.

You tried to move but you couldn't because something is weighing or pinning you down on the soft mattress, you heard the door creaked open before it got slammed close which made your body respond by jolting and the frostbites creeping in your skin became the reaction as well.  You felt a hand touch your hand, it felt so warm, full of love, and familiarity.

"Sis... Wake up soon, please? Your consciousness is here but why are you not waking up?" Irisia's voice is full of dejection, sadness, and pain as she tightened her grip around your cold hand. 

You were doing your best to wake, to open your eyes to look at her and open your mouth to say that you're okay, that you're here with her but still, you can't do any of that because for some reason, your body felt heavy and the pressure you're feeling on your chest only increased.

"... Wake up, Jasmine and I, need our big sister. Your twins need to survive too because I don't think that your husband would accept the fact that his twins died in the stomach of the woman he loves." That was the last statement you heard before you finally slipped away from your consciousness.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry, Hermano." Dolores sobbed on her little brother's shoulder, the guilt and nervousness inside her chest are just too much for her to bear. 

She saw how you got taken away, the muffled scream for help, the piercing sound of an unknown object being stabbed on someone. the blood on your stomach, the blood that dripped on the floor of Camilo's bedroom, and the blood that left a trail on Casita's tiles, all of it. 

All of it had left her depressed and devastated. 

She felt so weak, so worthless and so useless. She couldn't do anything to stop the man from abducting you, she heard all the noise and ruckus that the two of you had made but she still wasn't fast enough to save you from the stranger's hands. You still got taken away, you were still hurt, the babies in your stomach are probably already dead because of the amount of blood that she saw on your clothes. 

It's all my fault.. If only I tried to put more effort.. Her mind got clouded with negative thoughts, her big doe eyes glistening with tears and another broken sob had left her mouth. 

Camilo doesn't know what to do.

You got taken away when he promised to himself that you won't get hurt, that you will be safe in his room, that you will be protected from all the possible harm that will come your way, he promised to be there by your side if someone tried to hurt you but where was he when you got abducted? 

Where the fuck am I when she needed me?! Frustrated tears slipped from his hazel eyes as he embraced his sister's trembling petite form on the floor, his teeth biting his lower lip to stop the sob from escaping from his throat, he doesn't want to let his sister see this side of him, he need to be strong and look for you but the pain inside his chest is stopping him from moving another muscle. 

"Camilo.." Dolores managed to say as she choke out her little brother's name, "You need to know something important." 

The shapeshifter felt his big sister move away from his trembling embrace, the two of them are crying hardly just by the thought of you being taken away but they need to be strong, not for themselves, but you.

"[Name].. She.. She's pregnant." Dolores could only let another series of tears fall from her eyes, her chest getting heavier at the sight of her little brother's tears stained cheeks.

"She's what? But-" A muffled cry came from his mouth as he quickly covered himself, "She can't be pregnant! Not in this situation! I- I let her get taken away. I failed, I failed to protect her." 

Camilo turned away from his sister, he covered his face with his yellow poncho, his cries and broken sobs being muffled by the fabric as he pulled his knees close to his chest. His curly, messy, and dark hair dropped to his face like curtains covering a window. He doesn't know what to do anymore. 

He already missed your presence, your warmth around him, your face pushed up on the crook of his neck, your arms around his torso, and your cheery laugh that would always brighten up his gloomy mood. The fact that he was used to going home every hour after one of his chores just so he can see you and get what you need, leaving an empty spot in his heart. 

The two of them heard the door creaked open which made them turn their head towards the doorway, their eyes sting slightly at the bright light that came from outside but when their eyes managed to adjust, they saw Pepa, Antonio, and Alma standing there. 

The three of them wearing a smile on their face, Pepa was the first one to move, arms spread wide as she embraced her daughter and Alma soon followed who embraced Camilo along with Antonio. The three other Madrigals whispered comforting words which made Dolores and Camilo almost swoon by them.

Almost.

If it weren't for Antonio's statement then the two of them would have fallen on their trap, their smiles are deceiving, looking so sincere, gentle, and warm, but their words said otherwise.

"You two will forget her soon," The youngest Madrigal uttered with his little hands leaving a loving pat on their head, "So don't worry too much."

"Because she'll be gone soon."