[09]

"Come on, Ms. [L/n], what's your name? Your first name! I can't keep calling you on your family name you know? I'd really hate that." Maria won't stop following you around ever since the small fainting incident three days ago.

You did your best to avoid her because the shapeshifter hasn't stop pulling pranks on you ever since that day as well, you're avoiding two people at once and you don't know how long you can keep it up.

"Come on, Maria. She obviously doesn't want to say it. Hang out with me." Camilo whined from the other side of Maria which is on your right side.

"Shush, cami! My effort for three days will be wasted if I stop now!" The woman stated before clinging into you again, her chest pushing up on your arm.

"Can you please tell me?" She asked once again.

"If I tell you, will you stop bothering me?" You turned your attention to her, one eyebrow raised but face still void of any emotion.

"Nope!" She replied happily, her lips forming into a big smile.

You heard camilo groan from your side before you got roughly pulled back, you felt your back hit his chest while he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"She really isn't interested, Maria, we need to go now too! Abuela want us home before dinner!" Camilo stated, lying through his teeth as he pulled you away from the saddened young woman.

"But it's still noon!" Maria yelled out.

You didn't say anything and just let the shapeshifter grip your wrist tightly while dragging you towards the direction of the Casita.

"I can't believe that you will let Maria do that to you!" Camilo huffed.

"You didn't push her away when she kept hugging you but when I try to get to close to you, you'll freeze my whole body!" The shapeshifter grunted out, annoyance dripping from his voice.

"I always have to ask Luisa for help so I can get out." Camilo unconsciously tightened his grip on your wrist and your hand is starting to feel numb.

"It's unfair that you'll continue to let her act like that but you wouldn't let me-" You cut him off by enveloping his whole body with wind and lifting him up in the air causing for him to let go of your wrist.

You huffed and rubbed the aching skin before glancing up at the teen who looks like he was about to throw up.

"If you're jealous then you should've said so. I'd gladly step away from karia—" You got cut off by the shapeshifter's sudden yell.

"It's Maria! You can't even remember her name!" Camilo glared at you.

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes and walked away from him, leaving him floating up in the air.

"Oi! Put me down! Oi- OI!"

— [ ☘︎ ] —

You kept avoiding the shapeshifter ever since you left him hanging up in the air, the wind blew slightly while carrying his loud yells along with it.

You pursed your lips, brows furrowing before looking up in the sky.

You didn't want to go back to Casita but you know that Pepa and Bruno would look for you because for some reason, they took a liking towards you. You didn't mind it though, it's better to be comfortable with your mother in law than having a tension.

You perked up at the sound of leaves rustling beside you, you placed your hand down on the grass and slowly, ice spears with pointy shards started to sprout from the ground and surrounded you.

Don't forget that you came from a family that use their power for wars so you are trained to use yours too to hurt people.

Although, you never did that.

An adorable squeak came from the bush making you raised an eyebrow at the sound then Dolores emerged from the leaves, her hair covered with sticks.

"I knew you'd be here!" The woman exclaimed in a hush tone but stopped when she saw all the ice spears pointed at her making her squeak again.

You raised an eyebrow before retreating the icy weapon, you exhaled softly and looked back into the sky.

"What do you want?" You asked.

"Hm." Dolores walked over and took a seat beside you, she don't know if she should get closer to you so she sat down a little father to ensure her safety. She didn't want to end up like her brother who would get freeze every morning because of his idiocy.

A comfortable silence fell upon the two of you, you made sure to create a thick layer of wind around you and Dolores so she could get a break from all the noise from the townsfolk.

You always noticed how she would cover her ears if one of the people close to her yelled or dropped something heavy, you can't relate how it feels but you're also quite sensitive with noisy places which would make you cover your whole head with wind to tune out your family's noisy bickering.

"Why'd you look for me?" You asked again, breaking the comfortable silence.

Y

ou saw from your peripheral vision that Dolores started to fumble on her red skirt, "I just want to say thank you for making mami happy last week.."

You hummed, nodding your head on her statement. It's not like you did that out of pity or any obligation, you just know how it feels to be pressured because your uncle and father would make you anxious to the point you'll end up creating a blizzard around the town.

"Mami didn't really like you." Dolores hiccuped, her eyes looking everywhere except you. "I tried making her change her mind because I know that you also didn't want this marriage to happen."

It's true though, the madrigal can hear your silent cries every night. The agony on your voice pained her because she knew how it feels to not be free, she knows how it feels to not be able to do what you want.

Although, she's sure that you and Isabella would get along just fine but she hasn't seen Isabella around you yet, it seems like the oldest granddaughter was avoiding you.

"I just want you to know that you're strong. Just like what your little sisters said." Dolores whispered.

You pursed your lips, your heart feels like its gonna explode because of her words. It gave you a reassurance. It gave you a light feeling of joy.

"You said to mami that you'll listen to her struggles then I'm also willing to listen to yours." Dolores stated, turning her head to look at you.

"Mi hermano might hate you because of your tough shell but I know how kind and soft you are so don't be afraid to ask for help, [name]."

You didn't know why she's telling your these things, you only helped her mother once so why is she trying to get close to you? But nonetheless, the words that came out of her mouth made you tear up,

"You're already a part of my family."