[42]

Camilo had never been this uneasy, lonely, and depressed for his whole life, not even when Casita broke down, not even when his cousin went missing, not even when the time his sister got proposed to, and not even when the time when his grandmother announced that he was engaged, until now. 

It's been three days since you got abducted, it's been three days since he found that you were pregnant and it's been three days ever since his familia had told him that he will forget about you.

He wouldn't go out of his bedroom because he felt like he doesn't know his family anymore, he doesn't want to eat with them at the same table because your father, Dannia, Maria and Samuel have been eating with them, he doesn't want to stay out of his room longer than an hour because he knew that he'll end up sobbing at the thought of you not waiting for him at home. 

He missed you so much, he missed having to see your smile, he missed having to hear your laugh and the occasional sassy statement that you'll throw at him, he missed wrapping his arms around you. He wholely missed your presence around him. He didn't expect for him to get attached to you this much, he didn't expect to not have you by his side because he fully expected for you to be there, waiting for his arrival, smiling and happy to see him.

"You shouldn't mope around like this." The feminine voice of your cousin had him shocked and jump from his spot on his bed. 

He snapped his head to look at her, hazel eyes widening at the sight of her almost naked figure in front of him. His expression hardened when the woman scoot closer to him, eyes glancing away from her to look at her eyes with a cold gaze.

"How did you get inside my room?" Camilo hissed out, his foot making contact with the woman's chest when she tried to lung at him. 

"Back off! What are you trying to do?!" The shapeshifter felt his heart pounding hardly inside his chest out of anxiety and fright when Dannia raised her hand then a thick black fog came out of her finger.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to take away what [name] has since she took everything that I wanted." Dannia stated, her dark brown eyes glowing a color gray and the black fog from her finger only got thicker as it surrounded Camilo's head, "I made him sell her off to your family but I guess that failed."

"What do you mean by that? [Name] got married to me because of her father's demand!" He snapped at her, his head ducking under his arms as he scrambled away from his bed and luckily, he got away from her which failed for the fog to cover his head completely.

She let out a scoff, picking up the yellow blanket from his bed and covering her chest with the soft fabric before sitting down properly on the mattress. 

"That man never wanted for his daughter to get married." Dannia hissed, her eyes glowing even brighter as she stood up and Camilo run towards the door, his hand gripped the doorknob and he used all his strength to twist the piece of metal but it didn't budge.

Dannia let out a sickening laugh, "He always wanted for her to be happy, to be free. He would always try to get out of my control but guess what? I have already planted enough magicules for his effort to be useless because I can't let her have any of that." 

"She has everything I wanted, a loving mother, a doting father. Heck, she even got loving sisters! My own twin doesn't care about me at all!" Dannia exclaimed, her ability allowed her to lift everything around her. The furniture and the things that were littering around the bedroom of the shapeshifter are now floating in the air.

"If it weren't for me getting mind control years ago then I wouldn't have corrupt her father's mind." Dannia giggled once again, her hand gingerly cupping Camilo's freckled cheek and she can feel the shapeshifter tensing under her touch which made her annoyed.

"I had her father under my control for man years, I made her go through wars, I made her kill people since I know she will suffer from the guilt that will come after, I placed her sister's life on the line because she was planning to leave the mansion! But I can't let her leave, not when I haven't let her feel how useless and worthless I felt." She continued caressing his cheek, a twisted smile on her face as she leaned in and tried to steal a kiss from his lips but he was quick to turn his head away.

"Why the fuck are you scared? I'm prettier and sexier than my cousin. I'm smarter and better." She hissed and her hand switched cupping his cheek to gripping Camilo's jaw, "What does she have that I don't?  Was it because she's good in bed? Was it because of her gifts? What is it?" 

Camilo raised his foot and kicked the woman off him, his breathing ragged and his hazel eyes glistening with tears. Anger and hatred can be seen behind those orbs of his along with slight confusion. 

The door got slammed open, he can hear Dolores let out a squeak behind him.

"I don't care what you felt but that doesn't mean you'll control someone and even let my wife's life become miserable just because you're being unreasonable!" Camilo gritted his teeth together, backing away from the woman who looked at him with annoyance.

"I let her marry you because I thought that she'll feel weak and pathetic," Dannia murmured, she turned her eyes to Dolores who immediately looked away from her causing her to grip the blanket around her chest. 

"You." Dannia strutted her way towards the quivering woman but stopped when Camilo pulled his sister behind him, he raised his arm to cover himself and his sister away from her. 

"You're always stubborn, just like your Tio Bruno." She scoffed, her eyes glowed gray again then she called out for Pepa and Alma who immediately appeared behind the two uncontrolled Madrigals. 

"Seize them. I still need to take over that rat man's mind because he kept fighting off my ability." Dannia stated. 

Camilo and Dolores were quick to move away from the adults' grasp and they sprint towards the staircase, both of their hearts beating roughly inside their chest as they gripped the railings to support themselves before going down the stairs. Casita lifted its tiles to block the remaining Madrigals so Camilo and Dolores can get out of the house.

"Casita!" Mirabel called out, the magical house obliged and let the young woman slide away from Julieta who tried to hold her hand. 

"I don't know what's happening but I saw that dirt coming out of your room, primo! And I knew that something is going!" Mirabel yelled out, Dolores and her brother immediately took ahold of her hand then without any hesitation, the three of them run towards the river where their miracle happened. 

"She revealed something important! We need to find [name] and I have an idea where she is!" Camilo replied, breathing heavily as he tried to catch his breath while the three of them continued to run.

"I just heard Dannia saying that her twin lost [name] in their mansion." Dolores squeaked out, eyes widening in fright and her red lips opened when Camilo pulled the two of them aside before they got hit by a rock that seem to fly somewhere.

"The three of you can't leave." Luisa's voice resonated in the air, "Because Dannia wouldn't like that."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Last chapter for tonight.

I'm not good with an action scene so I might avoid that-

But I hope yall like this one!