[17]

The next day arrived, the sun making its way up to the sky slowly as the townsfolk run around the church to finish the final touch up on the place before the bride and the groom arrived.

Everyone is in hurry because the time of the wedding is before noon, the church was covered with different kinds of flowers, courtesy of Isabella, the music is already playing to distract the guests, thanks to Agustin and Mirabel.

Now, Camilo wouldn't stop pacing around his parents' room because the unsettling feeling in his gut only worsen when he didn't saw you last night at the dinner table.

His father sighed softly and ruffle his own hair out of confusion on what to do before he walked over to the shapeshifter.

"Calm down, mijo. Your bride wouldn't run away." Felix assured his son.

"What if she did?! Then there won't be a wedding happening today! I haven't seen her since the other night and it's making me nervous!" Camilo snapped, heart beating so fast inside his chest out of worry and anxiety. His eyes felt warm from the glistening tears gathered at the corner but he did his best to hold it in.

"Camilo.." Felix's gaze softened at the sight of his son trying to keep his cool, he reminded him of his wife when she's overthinking.

He chuckled under his breath and grabbed Camilo's shoulders which made the young man bend his knees slightly since he's taller than his father.

"Mijo. [Name] wouldn't do that, your mother and sister are with her right now, remember?" Felix smiled, rubbing his shoulders to soothe his nerves.

He only smiled wider when his son's expression softened a little at his statement, he felt proud of himself by making Camilo stop worrying.. For now.

"That's my boy." He chuckled and pat his shoulder reassuringly.

The sound of bell ringing from the church signalled that it's only half an hour before the wedding starts so the fathe-son duo quickly made their way out of Casita to go to the church.

Upon arriving, Camilo was quick to be ushered towards at the back of the church where the groom should be waiting for his bride.

The wedding music continued playing, Agustin seemingly enjoying to play on the piano with Mirabel singing by his side. The sight made the shapeshifter smile then he turned his attention on the entrance of the sacred place.

He doesn't know why he felt so worried, maybe it was about the fact that your father made your cousins to keep an close eye towards you or maybe it was about not seeing you the whole day yesterday.

Nonetheless, it still made him anxious.

He sighed softly and he rubbed his arm to calm himself, the same uncomfortable feeling that he had when you collapsed infront is resurfacing.

There's only half an hour before the wedding starts but you're nowhere to be seen, his hazel glanced around the whole entirety of the church as he tried to look for you over the increasing mobs of people.

Unfortunately, he couldn't see you, but he did see the love of his life smiling and waving at him.

"Cami! I'm so happy for you!" The young woman stated as soon as she stepped in front of the shapeshifter.

His nerves immediately calm down at the sight of her angelic smile and the sound of her voice is like lullaby trying to make him fall asleep.

She's wearing a white dress accompanied by the snowflakes necklace around her neck, even the earrings which made her beauty stand out more.

He blinked, the snowflakes looked a little familiar for fun.

"Uhh, Maria? Did you make your earrings and necklace?" The shapeshifter asked.

Upon the mention of it, a bright smile appeared on her lips as her hand went up to caress the snowflakes dangling on the silver and the earrings on her ears.

"No.. [Name] made it for me- actually, I just asked her to make me some snowflakes that wouldn't melt and she did!" The young woman giggled, her expression showing love and adoration as she recalled the memory as if it was just yesterday.

"That's why I decided to turn it into an accessory then wear it so I could remember her everywhere I go." The woman sighed dreamily.

Camilo pursed his lips, his brows furrowed in annoyance and frustration at Maria's statement.

He doesn't know why he felt so betrayed when Maria told him that you made her a unmelting snowflakes, he doesn't know why he felt so hurt when Maria stated that she turned it into accessories so she can remember you.

What confused him the most is, why is he hurt hearing someone that they love you this much even though that two of you are getting married.

He gripped the hem of his white shirt, he averted his gaze from the love sick look of Maria infront of him, he's annoyed that she's talking about you instead of congratulating him for getting married.

Am I getting selfish? Camilo sighed.

"By the way!" The shapeshifter snapped his attention to Maria, her expression now shows that she's confused and looking around.

"Have you seen [name]? I was planning to tell her what I feel today because you know.. You're getting married and all." The woman smiled as she motioned to his whole attire.

You idiota! Camilo punched himself internally, You forgot to tell her that you're gonna marry [name]!

He opened his mouth to explain everything but the bell chimed once again, it's now noon and it signalled the you have arrived.

"Well, your bride is here! I'll see you later, cami!" Maria quickly walked away from him.

His heart is beating fast inside his chest, he doesn't know what you look like right now because he hasn't seen for a whole day but he knows that his sister and his mother took good care of you, it still didn't help him to calm down his nerves though.

Agustin immediately changed the sound in the piano, he pressed different keys to signal it's okay to open the big doors of the church.

Then it did, it opened slowly while the creakiness it makes echoed slightly in the air.

Arielle and Ariella first walked in, throwing roses petals on the red carpet then Antonio soon followed behind them while carrying a small pillow that has the rings above it.

After the little kids, the bride was next to come inside.

His hazel eyes widened when he saw you, looking so beautiful and breathtaking in his mother's wedding dress. You looked so beautiful in his eyes and the sight of your small and warm smile on your lips took his breath away.

His father behind him whistled, but he didn't pay any attention to it. He solely focused on the sight before him, when you and your father stopped infront of him, he eagerly held out his hand for you to take.

You didn't hesitate to slip your hand with his, wanting to let go of your father's arm as soon as possible then you turned to your groom, a slight brighter smile adoring your features.

"Please take care of my daughter, camilo." Your father stated, he smiled but it didn't reach his eyes.

Your hold on his hand only tightened unconsciously making the shapeshifter squeeze your hand to reassure you.

You released a giggle at the sweet action of your soon-to-be husband, you couldn't help but feel happy even though it was just an arrange marriage. Pepa and Felix will soon be your parents too so you couldn't wait to spend your life with them.

Maybe you can tolerate Camilo's pranks even more just so you can feel the happiness and love from a parent that you have been longing for so long.

It might be a selfish wish but you can't help it. You were giving up your freedom for your sisters' lives but that doesn't mean you can't be happy, right?

The sudden silence around you snapped you out of your daze, the priest's smiling face soon came into view.

"Can I have everyone's attention now?"