[12]

"[Name].. Amor.." You perked up from your spot, the big pile of snow infront of you coming into your view that your seven years old were currently digging.

The familiar pained and hoarse voice of your beloved mother echoed in the air.

The color on your face drained and your [color] eyes widened while brimming with tears when you realized that you're having the same nightmare again.

"Why am I here again?" You asked to no one particular, a choked sob escaping your mouth.

You know this place a little too well, the land was covered with a thick layer of white snow. The cold wind brushed past your messy hair while it carried the whispers of your little sisters.

Your small legs carried your body to the same place where your mother currently reside, her almost lifeless body buried on the snow.

The area around her was painted red, a big shard of ice pierced through her abdomen, her bloody lips curled up into a sweet smile upon seeing your terrified and sobbing form.

"There's my beautiful and strong princess.." Her hush whisper got carried by the wind and it reached your ears.

"Mama.." You took a step forward, quickly crumbling beside her as you grasp her hand with your smaller ones. You felt your mother caressed the back of your palm.

"It's not your fault, [name].. It will never be your fault, okay? You were just blessed with an amazing gift, you should be proud.." Your mother huffed, quick breathes escaping her lungs before a blood dripped from the corner of her lips.

Her hand caressed your tears stained cheeks, a smile adoring her beautiful features.

"Never blame yourself.. I came to you with my own will, no one forced me to.." Her voice sounded like a lullaby.

"Take care of your little sisters for me, my princess.. Mama is so proud of you." You saw how her eyes turned dull, her hand fell down on the red snow.

She looked so peaceful laying there, her smile is still present on her face and that only made you feel even more worse.

Another sob break from your lips, the snow around you continued to fall until it formed into a blizzard. The wind picked up roughly and it threatened to kill anyone that will go near to your weeping form.

Your cries and the harsh howl of the wind echoed in the air as the first ever blizzard made its presence known to the people that resides in the town.

Your eyelids flew open, gasps escaping your lips while you quickly sat up, grasping the clothing infront of your chest to calm your beating heart.

You heard the door creaked open, followed by heavy and fast footsteps.

"[Name]! You're finally awake!" Your [color] eyes collided with his beautiful hazel ones, full of worry and relief.

Camilo hurriedly walk over to you, the bowl of warm water in his hands was placed down on the bedside table.

Wait. Your eyes scanned around your surroundings, the room that you were currently in wasn't your bedroom. It is full of mirrors and is quite messy with clothes laying around the floor.

"Where am I?" You croaked out, you scrunched your nose upon hearing your voice, your throat felt so dry and it almost made you think that you were asleep for a long time.

The sound of water dripping and wet clothes rustling caught your attention,  you watched Camilo fold the piece of cloth into a half before turning to you.

He sighed softly and held your shoulders then he forcefully pushed you back down to the soft mattress.

"Lay down and take a rest." The shapeshifter muttered, he placed the warm cloth on your forehead.

You don't know why he was acting so kind towards you right now, but the fuzzy feeling inside your chest, the warmth that the wet clothing provided on your forehead as well as the exhaustion that came from your body lulled you back to sleep.

You didn't want to but seeing his face somehow made you feel warm inside, his presence calmed you down and for the first time in a while.

You had a pleasant dream.

Camilo shift on his spot quietly, staring at your pale complexion with calculating gaze. He watched as your strained expression morphed into a more peaceful one.

The heavy weight on his shoulders finally left him alone.

He didn't know why his heart broke into pieces when he saw your body fall forward, the way his heart beat painfully inside his chest when he kneeled beside you and cradled your unconscious self into his arms.

You felt so cold, you were shaking and freezing. Your whole body was covered with frostbites and it even covered your clothes as well.

He yelled out your name multiple times to see if you'll wake up, but his efforts were futile in the end because you stayed motionless in his arms.

The adults quickly came back from the town Dolores told them that something was wrong to you. Pepa and Bruno were the first ones to burst through the door of Casita.

When their eyes landed on your unconscious form on Camilo's arms, they immediately teared up.

If it weren't for your audible heartbeats then they wouldn't know that you're still alive.

Your freezing temperature isn't normal so Julieta didn't know what to do. For the first time in years, she panicked because her gift seem useless.

They had to wait for you to wake up while they continued with the preparations for your and Camilo's wedding. They couldn't do anything but wish and hope for the best.

The shapeshifter raised his hand and placed it on your cheek, he caressed your cold skin and he wondered if its one of the perks of your gift.

He hate the thought of you freezing to death just because you're anxious.

He sighed for the millionth time that day, he finally retract his hand and stood up before he picked up the clothes from the floor.

He grumbled under his breath after he threw all of it inside the basket beside the wooden cabinet then he stretched his body.

He walked over to the glowing door, his head turned a little as he stared at your peaceful expression before he walked out of his bedroom, quietly closing the door so he wouldn't disturb you.

Since he knew that you finally woke up then he can finish with his chores so he can look after you again.

She'll be my wife soon after all. He mused in his mind, a small relieved smile plastered on his face.