[19]

After the wedding is done, it was now time for the newlyweds' honeymoon.

You and Camilo didn't know what to do as his parents kept giving him advice, the two of you are holding hands like a good couple would do but the both of you knew that it was just for a show.

"Make sure to use protection! I do want grandchildren but Dolores and Mariano can provide me with that first!" Pepa huffed, the rain clouds above her heard releasing a few lightnings.

Somewhere around the area, you can hear a series of coughing then a little scream of, "Mami!!"

Pepa then turned to you, her eyes softened when she saw your beautiful features, "Oh mija.. You're really beautiful. I don't know why you agreed to marry my son but I'm really happy that you did."

Your heart almost melt at her words, but it quickly got heavy when you remembered why you agreed to marry the shapeshifter.

You gripped his hand and forced out a smile, "Of course, mami. I love my husband after all."

Pepa and Felix immediately let go of you and your husband which made the two of you let out a sigh of relief, Camilo didn't let go of your hand because the people around you might get suspicious.

The two of you watched as your sisters and cousins made their way over to you, they have a small smile on their face but Jasmine is frowning with tears brimming on her eyes.

She kept giving you the sad puppy look and it's making your heart swell in pain, you wondered why is she crying. Did someone make her cry? Did someone bullied her? Because if someone did then you're not gonna hesitate to let them have a taste of the temperature in Antarctica.

Ah.. You frowned when you realized why she was crying. I forgot that she's an empath, she probably felt what I'm feeling..

You groaned, wanting to punch your face in the face for forgetting your sister's gift even though you lived your whole life with her.

"What's wrong?" You jumped from your spot at the sudden interruption of your thoughts, you blinked and looked at the man beside you.

"Oh.. Uh, nothing." You stated almost too quickly before glancing back to your sisters.

His hand squeezed yours gently, he can feel the frostbites on your palm which is undeniably painful since it's very cold for his skin, although he didn't let go of you because it just only give him more reason to hold your cold one with his warm one.

His hazel eyes landed on Jasmine who quickly tackled you in a hug, he can hear her whispering but he can't seem to catch what it is. Your other free hand made its way to her hair and you could only caress her head as she continue weeping.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry.. You shouldn't feel like this, you're supposed to be happy but you're not happy, you're in pain, I don't know what to do to make you feel better.." Jasmine murmured, her quiet whispers got carried in the wind that's why you can hear her.

You could only smile, "It's not your fault, sweetie. I am happy because you'll be safe now, remember?"

The youngest [Last name] only cried harder at your statement, what's the use of being safe if you gave up your freedom and happiness just for them? They want you to be happy along with them but you're already tied up with a man you don't even love.

The thought of it makes the little girl want to make the earth swallow you whole so she can whisk you away from this place, away from Camilo, away from the madrigals, away from your father and away from place that makes you suffer.

But she knew. She knew that your sacrifices will be in vain if she tried to do that, you already gave up everything towards your father for their sake, for their happiness and for their freedom.

"You don't deserve this.." The little girl whispered, arms tightening around your waist as she gave you one final squeeze before letting go, a smile adorned her adorable features with her eyes brimming with love and adoration, all pointed to you.

"You're really strong, [name].. I hope this man can give you happiness." She said, eyeing the shapeshifter beside you with judging and cold gaze then she finally walked away to give you some alone time with him.

- [ ☘︎ ] -

"Camilo! Have you checked your wife's belonging if she has all of it in the cart?!" You can hear Pepa yell towards her son as you stepped out of your room.

Well, it wasn't your room now. You just finished putting all your remaining things, clothes and necessities inside of your husband's room.

"Yes, mami! Señor Osvaldo assisted me with it!" Camilo replied back, he just walked inside Casita to greet his mother.

Then he turned his head on the second floor, he caught the sight of you walking towards the staircase.

"Ah! Mi amor, Señor Osvaldo is waiting for us at the outskirt of the town." The shapeshifter gently took your hand as soon as you stepped off from the last step on the stairs.

You raised a brow at his behavior but decided to not question it, you guessed that he's putting up a show for his parents considering how the two of them looked at you with so much joy and excitement.

"Of course, let's go." You murmured, eager to drop this whole act so you wouldn't have to act so affectionate towards each other.

You didn't forgot to kiss Pepa's cheek and give Felix and embrace before walking out of the magical house.

Your family already left after the wedding celebration so you didn't get the chance to spend some time with your siblings before you leave for your and Camilo's honeymoon.

You felt your husband pulled on your hand, ushering you towards the wooden cart that's getting pulled by two donkey. You pursed your lips and hopped on with Camilo's assistance then he quickly sat down beside you.

"Where are we going to spend our 'honeymoon'?" You asked, eyes watching the puffy white clouds pass by in the sky.

The shapeshifter shifted beside you, he felt uncomfortable at the last word that came from your mouth. His eyes glanced at the familiar colorful house of Maria Valentina.

"Just in the next town.. Mami doesn't want us to be far from Encanto." He stated, voice void of emotion while his lingered on the front door of the woman he truly loves.

The two of you released a sigh, the heaviness on your and his chest increasing as the cart you're riding on got near to Señor Osvaldo's cart.

I just hope everything will go smoothly. Camilo mused in his thoughts, eyes lingering on your blank expression on your face.

- [ ☘︎ ] -

I'm gonna remind all of you again.
The characters are aged up by THREE YEARS.

I saw a comment that said Camilo is just 15, I made it clear that all of them are aged up because who would like to get married at the age of 15??

BRUH.

I'm sorry for that rude statement but it just gets on my nerves.

I hope y'all like this one.