[26]

On the last night of your stay on the lovely town, your husband wanted to go out to buy some alcohol while you refused and wanted to stay inside the house to relax.

"Mami didn't really wanted me to drink but I want to taste it, one bottle is enough, please?" Camilo stared at your (color) eyes, his lips forming into a small pout as you kept your stoic gaze on him.

"No." You answered and goes back to playing on the snow that you have made inside your and his shared bedroom.

"Come on, [name]! Don't be a party bummer and let me buy one! We won't stay here any longer anyways." The shapeshifter started to whine and he even clutched his hands against the yellow ruana that you are wearing.

He's slowly destroying the work that you have done on the snow especially the small ones that you shaped after your little sisters, you pursed your lips and unable to control the snowfall that is getting harsher as he continued to bother you.

"Camilo, it's not safe to drink alcohol. I don't want to be responsible for whatever that happens to you." You sighed deeply to calm yourself down, you don't want to hurt the shapeshifter just because you lost your temper but he's really getting on your nerves since he won't stop shaking your clothes.

Afraid of hurting him, you resorted by pushing him back with a strong gust of wind and immediately froze half of his body against the bed to keep him still.

"Why?! I just want to take a sip!" The shapeshifter exclaimed, a troubled and betrayed expression on his face as his hazel eyes stared at your blank expression on your features.

"I said that I don't want to be responsible, Camilo, so stay quiet and be a good husband by closing your eyes and falling asleep, okay?" You gave him a sickly sweet smile before turning back to the pile of snow infront of you.

The frozen man scoffed bitterly at your words but he can't do anything about it because his mother always said that his wife's words are a must.

Especially when his wife is loved by his parents, siblings and maybe his cousins too, he's not really sure because he didn't saw you hang out with his primas nor talk to them.

Infact, you look like you're way more closer to his Tio Bruno and mami instead of his other family members considering the fact that his uncle took his spot right next to you a few days ago in dinner.

He huffed, "If you let me buy just one bottle then I'll let you take a day off from babysitting with me in Encanto."

Seeing that you stopped from moving your hands against the snow infront of you made him grin, he knew he hit a nerve.

"The botanical garden that my prima is currently in charge of, is open and you can stay there to relax." He hummed as his eyes continued to observe your reaction.

"I'll tell abuela and mami that I'll take  half of your chores, I can do all of it because I'm a madrigal." He stated proudly.

He heard you sighed and it only made him grin wider then he watched you stood up and made your way towards him, you sat down on the bed and flicked his forehead.

"I'm also part of the madrigals now, camilo." You bemused, rolling your eyes as you reminded him about the change of your last name.

"Oh.. Right." The shapeshifter huffed, puffing his cheeks out when he realized that he had lost the chance to make you agree.

"Just one bottle, okay?" You stated, standing up and melting the ice from his body which made him stare wide eyes at you.

"Don't buy two or more, I'll seriously leave you if you did it." You joked and a smile appeared on your lips when he saluted towards you before darting out of your bedroom and you heard the front door opened then quickly followed by the sound of it closing.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Surely enough, your husband came home almost immediately.

A large happy smile adorned his features and it looked so contagious to the point you couldn't help but return the gesture.

"What liquor did you buy?" You asked as you ushered him inside, you flicked your wrist and the wind picked up the bottle from his hand while another gust of wind closed the door behind him.

You raised a brow before looking back at him with a questioning gaze, "You do know that vodka is a strong drink, right?"

The shapeshifter just shrugged and sprint towards the kitchen, he took it upon himself to put the cups on the table before he rummaged through the contents inside the cooler.

"I heard from Señor Nodo that a vodka would taste nice if you mixed it with different kind of flavors." He pulled a strawberry and pineapple juice, "Like these two!"

You only shook your head and walked over to the table, he eagerly sat down on the nearest seat to your spot and he opened the lid of the three bottles.

"If I did something stupid while I'm drunk then I'm gonna apologize in advance." The shapeshifter smiled and placed a kiss on your cheek which made you only roll your eyes at his excuse.

He didn't waste anytime to pour himself a while glass of the toxic liquid, quickly mixing it with other beverages before swallowing all of it in one gulp.

He seem to stop momentarily before repeating what he did and eagerly gulped all the liquid from his glass cup.

You blinked at his actions but decided not to say anything and just pour yourself a cup of the vodka, you resorted to pineapple juice since strawberry sound like it wouldn't go well with the toxic liquid.

You took a sniff of the drink before you swallowed all of it just like what Camilo did.

You instantly felt the fuzziness it gave you, your eyesight swirled a little before it became clear again.

"Camilo. I think one glass is enough for you. The vodka is too strong." You murmured and stood up but the shapeshifter already finished three-fourth of the bottle.

It hasn't been that long and yet he already finished it?

"Camilo! That's enough!" You raised your voice slightly and snatched the bottle away from his grasp.

He stayed quiet which made you sigh in relief but you got startled when you were pulled back down and to his lap, his face buried on the crook of your neck.

You carefully placed down the bottle on the table, not wanting for your husband to get hurt if you dropped it.

"I love you so much.." His voice wavered slightly as he uttered those words. Your eyes widened when you heard him and it made you turn your attention to him.

"What..? I think you're mistaking me as Maria—" You were abruptly cut off when Camilo's hot breath fanned against your neck, his lips dangerously close to your skin which made you involuntarily shiver at the feeling.

You pursed your lips and gently placed your hand on his shoulder as you got off from his lap, an unfamiliar feeling and warmth made its way to your body and you don't know if you'll be able to hold it back if you stay longer with the shapeshifter.

"I'm gonna call it a night, camilo." You murmured, you picked up the cups and the bottle then you placed all of them in the sink.

"You should go to sleep too. I'll sleep on another room." You said, (color) eyes glancing at his slouched position on the chair then you turned around to make your way towards the bedroom.

Before you could get far, though, Camilo grabbed your elbow and spun you around with your face crashing into his chest. You let out an audible gasp, not expecting the sudden action and not making eye contact but instead opting to stare at his lips.

"It's you." The shapeshifter muttered, also not looking up from your lips.