[25]

"Can you let go of me now?" You asked the shapeshifter for the twentieth time that afternoon.

His response was only tightening his arms around your waist before burying his face on your shoulder further.

You let out an exasperated groan, hands holding handle of the heated pan and the spatula as you continued to stir the broth of the macaroni soup.

Even though you kissed your husband to shut him up and comfort him.

Camilo still hasn't let go of you ever since you came back from the market, for some unknown reason, he got scared and decided to cry instead of looking for you on the town. 

You wouldn't blame him though, you also left the cottage without telling where you are going so it's partly your fault too but you didn't want to wake him up besides you didn't expect that you'll be on the market that long.

Although thirty minutes aren't that long for you, Camilo just got attacked by his anxiety and insecurities.

"Mi amor, you might get hurt so please let go for ten minutes." You stated as you pat his arm.

"You wouldn't go anywhere right?" He murmured against your shoulder which only made you let out another sigh before nodding your head.

"Of course, I'll just prepare the table so take a seat and I'll join you after this, okay?" You kissed his cheek and he let go of your waist.

He slowly made his way over to the table, he took it upon himself to place down the bowls on the table along with spoon and the glass. He watched you picked up the pot from the stove and hurriedly carried it to the table then placing it down on a folded cloth above the table.

You shot him a thankful smile before sitting down beside him, the shapeshifter didn't waste anytime to wrap his arms around your waist again and pulled you closer to him.

The inferiority and anxiety that he felt earlier is still there but the feeling of your warmth between his arms make the heaviness from his chest vanish into thin air.

You just let him do what he wants and proceed to pour some broth on your bowl along with his.

"Should I feed you?" You asked, joking just to make him feel better but when he squeezed your body and nodded his head made you tensed up.

"Yes please? If it's not much of a trouble." He whispered from your shoulder.

"I was just joking but okay." You couldn't stop the breathy laugh that escaped your mouth as you stir the macaroni from his bowl.

The shapeshifter raised his head away from your shoulder and opened his mouth as you feed him a spoonful of macaroni. The sight before you made your heart melt because he looked so adorable with his cheeks looking so squishy like that.

He swallowed the macaroni and opened his mouth again, you could only roll your eyes at his childish antics before feeding him more.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The two of you are now walking around the town, visiting the stores and stalls that you haven't visited yet while Camilo brought almost everything that he will see if he think that it will compliment your natural beauty.

The sun is already setting, and the ambience began to form a light colour of gold and roses up in the sky.

Camilo wouldn't let go of your hand ever since the two of you left the cottage, he would only let go of you if you'll pick up something that caught your attention but he'll let it stay on your waist.