[33]

"[Name], if you met your real mother, would you still love me?" Your mother smiled sadly towards you, eyes brimming with tears as she caressed your cheeks.

You furrowed your brows in confusion, you were just three yours old at that time so you didn't understand what she meant but her question somehow made you sad and hurt.

"But you're my mama?" You asked with uncertainty in your voice which made the tears on her eyes fall to her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around your smaller form while she let the broken sob escaped from her lips.

"I'm not her.." She managed to breath out, "But its fine because you won't remember any of this."

"What do you mean? I won't remember you?" You asked, tilting your head down with a frown etched on your baby features, you felt her lift your chin up and you saw how she shook her head.

"Your.... Murdered... Mother..." Her voice started to get quiet, some of the words were clear enough for you to hear but the rest are just static. You opened your mouth to speak but she slowly turn into a sand, her remnants being blown away by the wind.

Your eyelids flew open, quick and short breathes escaping your lungs and your eyes sting with tears. Your chest rise and fall with every breath you take which alarmed the shapeshifter beside you.

Camilo had woken up by your body jolting in his embrace, he can feel how your heart beat roughly inside your chest as you clung close to his body for life and for support, you look extra shaken up and he despise it.

"Shush.. It's just a bad dream, mi amor." He whispered against you, his arms wrapping around your body and pulling you closer to him.

His words got tuned out from your ears, you gripped the fabric infront of your chest and took a deep breath.

"I was dreaming about something important.." You murmured towards your husband and you pursed your lips out of frustration, "But why can't I remember it? I was just dreaming about it a few seconds ago!"

Your brows furrowed even further, hands clutching your hair as you tug on them gently in a attempt to make you remember what you were dreaming of. You know that it's important, you know because it came from your mother but what did she meant that she wasn't your real mother?

Maybe Isabella's words are true, maybe you really aren't his real child and only a child from a prostitute.

"C-camilo.. What if I'm not really my father's child?" Your lips quivered at the thought of it.

The shapeshifter looked at you with bewilderment, his hazel eyes swarmed with different kind of emotions because of the question that he can't quite comprehend.

"[Name]. You are your father's daughter. The two of you have the same eyes! The same strong personality! Heck, you were even blessed with a gift that only an [L/n] can have! I don't think he'll let his perfect daughter marry someone he doesn't deem worthy so don't think like that." Camilo grabbed your shoulders and made you look at him, "I don't know what's going on inside that head of yours but I suggest dropping those thoughts because those aren't good for your body."

You wanted to say something, you wanted to cry and tell him what you really feel, you wanted to tell him what was really happening in the [Last name] household but how can you? He sound like he was admiring your father for being strong, he sounded so sincere when he said that you are your father's daughter. Although a part of you felt like that this was just all a dream, that it was a nightmare.

You don't know what to believe and who to believe but strangely, your husband's words would make you feel at ease, his words would calm your nerves and soothe your aching heart.

"Go back to sleep, [name]. You need more rest." The shapeshifter murmured as he leaned in to leave a quick but passionate kiss on your lips, he pulled away with a small smile on his face as he pulled you back down to the bed.

You don't know why you wouldn't do anything nor say something towards him, your heart just felt so heavy and painful that you wanted to sleep sooner to make all the negative feelings go away.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The morning came, unlike the usual where your husband would greet you with a messy hair and a smile, this time, you got greeted by an empty space beside you.

You didn't pay any mind to it and proceeded to change out of your pajamas, your eyes flickered towards the glowing door when it got slammed opened and you saw Antonio walked in.

"Hi!!" The little man greeted you cheerfully and you greeted him back with equal cheerfulness before tackling you in a hug.

"Camilo is downstairs! He's with your cousin, Dannia!" Antonio informed you.

You didn't know why your heart dropped at the mention of your cousin's name, you swallowed the thick lump on your throat and forced a smile to give to the youngest Madrigal.

"Is big brother Samuel with her, tonito?" You asked, a part of you hoping that your male cousin is with her and a part of you dreaded that he wasn't there.

To your horror, he shook his head and tightened his arms around your waist even more, his smile widening innocently as he said the answer to your question.

"She wasn't with her twin.. But Tio [F/n]'s with her!" The kid chirped happily before turning his head on your stomach, "Hey, [name]?"

Your heart pounded on your chest roughly, face contorting into a frown as you caressed Antonio's head before looking down at him, not bothering to hide your troubled expression.

"What's wrong?" You murmured quietly.

Antonio caressed your stomach, a smile on his lips as he glanced up at you and his question made your heart drop in nervousness and anxiety.

"Why is your stomach have a bump?"

— [ ☘︎ ] —

This is the last, Im going to sleep.

I hope yall liked this one!
Goodnight!