[36]

"Antonio? Are you okay?" You called out to the little boy who's been staring at your stomach for a while now.

He slowly blinked when you called for his name, he seem to snap out from a trance before he went to look back at your face. A smile adorned his baby features while he moved closer to you.

His arms reached out to touch your stomach before wrapping them around your waist.

"I'm okay. I'm just thinking if there's really no baby inside you." Antonio murmured innocently. He rubbed his cheek on your clothing that covered your stomach and the giggles that wouldn't leave his lips are slowly scaring you.

He was persistent on you having a baby inside your stomach even though you already told him that wasn't the case since you and Camilo used protection and even extra cautious about it.

You didn't want to be pregnant yet, you're still young, you don't need to give birth to the next generation yet because Dolores can go first before you.

"I told you that I'm full. I just finished eating the arepas that your brother gave me an hour ago." You bemused toward the kid.

"But—" Antonio got cut off at the sound of the bedroom door opening.

"Why are you here? It's still early." You furrowed your brows and caressed Antonio's head which he immediately responded to by leaning into your touch while giggling.

Your husband's eyes flickered from you then to his little brother that nestled himself in your lap before taking a step closer to you and sitting beside you.

"I finished my chores for the morning, I'll go out again later after lunch to continue." He stated, he dropped his head on your shoulder and sighed deeply. Exhaustion and fatigue are visible on his facial expression.

You turned to Antonio, you found him staring at your stomach again and that made you feel uncomfortable.

"Tonito, can you give me and your brother some time alone? I love your presence but Camilo must come first." You cooed towards the little boy with a smile on your lips.

He stiffened slightly before reluctantly letting go of your waist, as soon as his arms got unwrapped around you, Camilo's arms quickly replaced them.

His hazel eyes staring blankly towards his baby brother who only smiled at him, he let a forced smile nestled on his face because it would be suspicious if he didn't return the gesture.

"I'll come by again later, let's play okay? I want you to see something!" Antonio cheerfully exclaimed before running out of the door.

Camilo didn't waste any time to whipped you around and give you a pointed look, a serious expression on his face while he tightened his arms around you.

"I told you to stay away from my family for awhile.." Camilo trial off, frowning slightly as he let out an exhausted sigh.

Your heart ached with guilt when he showed that expression of his again, you wrapped your arms around his torso and kissed his forehead which he visibly relaxed upon feeling your lips on his skin.

"I'm trying, but Antonio always go inside our room so I have no choice but to entertain him." You trail your hand down to his face, your thumb caressed his cheek and he gladly leaned into your touch.

"Just.. Don't go anywhere alone with them, please? I'm really getting worried." The shapeshifter draped his head on your shoulder, hugging you tighter and you can feel him shaking.

"I heard from your father.." He murmured and his hand gripped the yellow ruana you're wearing, "He told the twins to keep an eye out on you."

Your heart dropped to your stomach, a frown etched on your face as your continued to caress his face moving up to his head to massage his scalp to prevent a coming headache.

"I didn't know if it's only until our wedding but seeing Dannia and your father around the Casita made me think otherwise." He finally uttered out. His heart is beating fast inside his chest from the fear and anxiety from the thought of you getting hurt by the hands of your so called father.

You didn't know what to say, just how much does your husband know about something but kept it to himself? Did he intent to keep it all inside until you're safe?

You pursed your lips and wrapped your arms around him tighter, you felt him do the same while continuing to bury himself on your shoulder. Your warmth and presence alone can give him peace inside of the storm in his mind.

"Is that all, Camilo?" You asked, your lips leaving kisses on top of his head that continued to soothe his nerves.

"No.." He hummed softly with his lips leaving kisses on your neck as well, "I saw Tio Bruno's eyes kept changing colors."

You nodded and tilt your head to the side to give him access to your neck, you knew that once he gives you affection, it would go on for a while before he stop to ask for you to give him affection too.

"Green, grey and green before turning back to grey." The shapeshifter murmured against your skin then he suddenly nipped on it which made you jolt from your seat.

"Sorry— I think he was fighting something inside his mind, do you have someone in your family that has an ability to read people's mind?" He didn't stop kissing your neck as he uttered his question out.

You shuddered slightly, feeling the butterflies on your stomach flutter happily caused by his lovely action.

"No.. Not that I can think of someone." You murmured and you heard him let out a sigh, his hot breath fanning your skin before you felt him pull you into his lap.

"I trust you, but please. You can't trust anyone right now, okay? It's just me and you for now." Camilo stated, his hazel eyes showing sincerity, nervousness, desperation and anxiety.

You opened your mouth to speak but the door got slammed open, the two of you turned to look at the door way and his grip on your waist tightened as he pull you closer to him.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, your [color] eyes glowing a color blue when you let the ice to crept up to the person from the back.

He gave you a glare, his eyes showing annoyance and a hint of worry.

"Something's wrong with Irisia and Wisteria, same with Dannia."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I'm sorry for the late update!

I hope y'all like this one.