[16]

Warning! Mention of abuse and heavy swearing in this chapter so if you're not comfortable with it, I suggest skipping this one!

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The dinner between your family and the madrigals were smooth and kind of awkward, mostly because the new generation of the [L/n]s are acting stiff as a rock.

The Madrigals didn't paid too much thoughts about it, thinking that they're just nervous for your and Camilo's wedding.

Although Dolores and Camilo wouldn't stop looking at you, asking you with their stare and it made you completely uncomfortable considering that Dolores heard every disgusting word that your father spoke.

Especially when the two of you knew that it was about her brother, the man you're going to marry and spend the rest of your life with.

The two of them tried to confront you, but you were quick to be surrounded with your cousins and sisters. Both Dannia and Samuel staring at them with cold glint on their eyes as if they're trying to kill them with just a look.

Eventually, the sister and brother stopped trying and decided to just drop it because they would rather have a good night rest before the final preparation for the wedding.

The next came, the two family waking up early to start the day.

This time though, Camilo didn't see you on the table with his family and yours. He shrugged it off and continued on with his day.

He took a break once in a while and look for the love of his life, Maria would ask about your whereabouts once he found her and it will make him feel inferior towards you which resulted for him leaving the young woman gaping at him with confusion.

It was now noon and he's currently eating the bread that Maria cooked for you. She gave it to him since Camilo volunteered to deliver the basket to you but he got hungry and decided to some of it.

Oh wait, let me rephrase that-

He got hungry and ate all of the bread that Maria baked just for you.

"This taste so good." The shapeshifter murmured happily, his hazel eyes sparkling with delight and a blissful expression plastered on his face as he continued to munch on the last piece.

"I can't believe that she'll eat all of this by herself." He scoffed and licked his lips, the delicious taste still lingering  on his tongue.

He got confused when his eyes caught the distressed looking Dolores running towards the Casita, her hands gripping her red skirt while she sprint as fast as she could.

Then Irisia and Jasmine came running past him as well, the two of them dashing towards their house with worried and panicked expression plastered on their faces.

Now, he felt worried too.

The two young woman usually wear the same blank expression like yours so he knows that something must have been happening since they were running like their life depends on it.

Camilo perked up at the sound of his name being called out by one of the townsfolk, he wanted to run back home too to check up on you but his grandmother would be displeased if she found out that he ignored them.

"Just don't let her get involved with this." He murmured, eyes looking straight at the colorful house on the hill.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

You gasped harshly, your back colliding at the cold and hard surface of the ice on your wall.

Your father found out how you were acting through Alma and Pepa, the two of them talked about you happily as the proud expression plastered on their face but your father did not like your attitude, not a little bit.

"You worthless piece of shit!" Your father gritted his teeath, his eyes glinting with the same crazy look that he had on the night you got your ice gift.

"You didn't seduce the madrigal?" He hissed, stomping towards you and grabbing a handful of your hair before coming face to face with you.

You glared at him, spitting at his cheek. "I'm not a whore, you pathetic fool!"

You didn't know what happened, you just felt a painful sting on your head and the frozen floor welcomed your blurry vision. You felt a strong pressure against your head which made you scrunched your face in pain as you hold back the whimpers that want to escape from your mouth.

You refuse to cry infront of your father, you refuse to show him that you are weak and sensitive, it would be the last thing you'll do even if it cost your life to do it.

"You had the guts to talk back and disrespect me?" Your father put more pressure on his foot and pressed it harder against your head.

"Don't forget that I can take your sisters' lives in a matter of second, sweetie." He stated, the nickname he gave making you want to throw up but the mention of your sisters actually made you suck in a breath.

Your father let out an amused chuckle, smiling widely down at your bruised, freezing and beaten up body before stepping off from your head.

"That whore must have been disappointed of you. You've become pathetic and weak because of your little sisters." He commented while shaking his head, "Although, it's pretty amusing to see you try protecting them when they couldn't even protect you. Ironic, isn't it?"

"Well, I guess you aren't that useless since you're gonna marry that stupid shapeshifter." Your father snickered before he melted the ice that was blocking your door then he walked out.

You listened in the air as his heavy footsteps started to drift away when you are sure that he's out of your hearing range, you sat up from your floor and stared at your reflection on the floor.

The ice reflect your whole face, you just noticed that your nose and lower lip are bleeding.

"Hah.." You chuckled bitterly, running a finger on your now bruised lip.

"That whore must have been disappointed of you."

Your lips pursed, your father's words echoing inside your mind as you continued to sit on the floor of your bedroom.

"It's pretty amusing to see you try protecting them when they couldn't even protect you."

You unconsciously covered your whole room with another thick layer of ice, the snowflakes floating around you while icy shards started to form in every nook and cranny of your bedroom.

Was it your fault that you didn't want to seduce the shapeshifter? Was it wrong to think that you want to have another chance to experience the love of a mother and a father? Was it wrong for you to desire to see Pepa's and Felix's happy expression by staying by their son's side? Was it wrong of you to assume that you'll be happy once you showed your suppressed emotions?

You just want to feel love but it seems that the universe didn't want to give it to you.