Chapter 25 ~ Laughter

Recap:

"Yes. You lot are simply incapable of having even a little faith in her, are you? Come, Loki. We need to find her." Thor berated his team before taking a firm grip on Loki and marching out of the training room to go find the mutant

What had she ever done to them? Reyna could understand that it looked suspicious that she suddenly knew how to use a sword, but they knew Reyna had magic, knew that Loki was teaching her how to use it, and yet they automatically assumed she was a spy of some sort. She was knocked out of her thoughts when she ran straight into a pair of broad shoulders just as she passed the living room. Reyna hadn't seen anyone in her march, too occupied with her thoughts.

"Hey, Reyna. What's the rush?" Bucky asked with a smile. He was on his way to the kitchen to find a snack when Reyna bumped into him. Reyna looked up at him, and her expression said all he needed to know.

"What did the fat heads do this time?" He sighed. Reyna took hold of Bucky's metal arm, flinching the tiniest bit at the contact, and dragged him into the living room. She sat crisscrossed on a couch while Bucky sat down in an armchair next to her. Reyna summoned a few first aid supplies while she began her story, but the man cut her off.

"What are those for? What happened?" Bucky asked, brows furrowed.

"Oh, nothing. Just cut myself a bit," Reyna shrugged.

"Let me see."

"It's nothing, really. I can take care of it," she insisted, but Bucky just gave her a look. She rolled her eyes and handed him the supplies. "Fine."

"Thank you. Now, where is it?" Reyna held out her arm and concentrated on bringing down the illusion just so much that the fresh cuts would be visible and nothing else. "Okay, it's clean cuts, so they will heal fine on their own. I'll just tape them shut, won't take long. You were saying?" The young mutant started explaining what had happened over the last half an hour while Bucky tended to her arm. She told him about how Loki had instructed her to create her signature weapon, the warm feeling in her chest, the blade laying in her hands, how it looked, how it could split in half, the overwhelming confidence in her ability to wield it. Reyna told him as much as she could about the fight, how Thor came in just as it came to a close, and then the quartet that came in, accusing her of espionage, and taking her sword. She was so excited when she talked about her sword and how to use it and then became bitter about the team's mistrust of her. Bucky could easily recognize that same feeling that had been gnawing on him over the last two years since the whole Sokovia Accords and Civil War fiasco had happened.

"They were the same with me, worse even. I killed Tony's parents and got framed for King T'Caka's, T'Challa's dad's murder, and the bombing that caused it, which led to the whole civil war thing, which I'm sure you've heard them talking about. They sure didn't trust me for a long time. Some still don't." Bucky opened up about his situation. Reyna nodded, understanding. She huffed out a laugh.

"Yeah, can't be a good conversation starter," she chuckled.

"It isn't," Bucky agreed as he tied off the bandage. "There we are. Should be as good as new in a week or so."

"Thank you, Bucky," Reyna said as she inspected his work.

"Reyna, there you are!" Thor called, relieved when he came into the room, dragging Loki behind him. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Reyna reassured them. She patted the spot next to her on the couch, inviting them to sit down. Loki took the seat closest to her while Thor dragged an ottoman closer, sitting down opposite the rest.