Chapter 49 ~ Reunion, properly this time

Recap:

"I don't suppose you'll let me out of your sights any time soon, will you?"

"My sons!" The old man greeted the two young men who came rushing into the grand throne room.

"You called, father?" The older asked. Their father nodded, a calculating and bitter expression on his weathered features. He reached over to stroke the raven sitting by his side.

"My ravens returned to me today with rather interesting news from Midgård," he paused. The brothers looked at each other.

"And what did they tell you, Allfader?" The younger brother asked.

"Huginn was robbed of his mind to serve a young shapeshifting maiden with golden eyes as a compass. He told me he was locked in a corner of his mind after fighting her control from hundreds of paces in the air. He says he doesn't have any more memory of the incident until he was freed. I think I remember you two telling me about such a maiden. A Rå, if I remember correctly," the old king explained, nearly grinding his teeth. The boys' eyes showed an unmistakable recognition of the description.

"Reyna," they whispered in unison, worry and confusion etched on their faces.

"Yes, and if it weren't for your affiliation with the Rå and her courtesy to Huginn after she released her control, I would summon her here to smite her myself for the offense. That is why I have called you here so close to your departure: I trust and hope you will punish the huldra accordingly when you return to Midgård," the king instructed.

"But, Allfader, how could she have known that it was Huginn and not just another raven? You said he flew hundreds of paces up. She would never-" the younger brother tried to reason, but the king cut him off with a glare.

"It holds no importance to me. The Rå humiliated the royal ravens and shall be punished like any other who does so. Am I understood?" He dictated.

"Yes, Allfader," the younger relented.

"We won't disappoint you, Father," the older promised half-heartedly with a keen eye on his brother to gauge his reaction to demand on his beloved.

"Good. Let's not make Heimdall and your mother wait."

Reyna didn't turn around. She didn't look at them, and she didn't say anything else, but it was enough. The breath of relief that washed over the team nearly made their knees buckle. None dared to approach her for a few seconds, scared to frighten her. The first one to move was Vision. He moved slowly and carefully, damn near floating. As he came closer, Reyna spoke up.

"You know, there hasn't been a day since I left that I haven't imagined ripping that damn stone from your forehead," she confessed, still not looking at him.

"I wholeheartedly believe you, Reyna," he agreed, stopping a meter or two behind her. Finally, she turned to him.

"Come and sit down, all of you. I have some things I would like to speak to you about," Reyna insisted, turning to the rest as well. Snapping out of their daze, they moved toward the little pavilion and sat down on the different benches around her. When there wasn't enough space left, some retorted to stay standing while others plopped down on the floor.

"What would you like to talk about, Reyna?" Bucky asked tentatively. The mutant looked around the little group, and their feelings crashed over her senses like a tidal wave; they were genuinely worried for her and relieved that she was okay. Her eyes were welling with tears for some reason. Why was she crying? She looked at her lap and tried to blink away the tears.