Chapter 48 ~ A game of riddles

~A/N~

I challenge you all to answer my riddles as you read along. And no cheating, alright?

~Reyna ;)

Recap:

"I will," Reyna smiled softly. Strange nodded once. The Latina took one last look around the beautiful grounds before finally stepping through the glowing portal. Leaving the freezing Himalayas and entering the slightly less freezing forest greens of the compound grounds.

The team stepped out of the cars in front of a rather uninteresting building complex. It was made of red and white brick, white Greek-style columns, and a green roof.

"Is this it?" Tony asked skeptically, as he slammed the car door shut.

"It's the right address, at least," Wanda announced, seeing the small plaque beside the door. The group looked at the building for a moment. Not wanting to be the first to move, they all stood there for a long moment.

"Pretty neat window," Sam commented after a while, breaking the awkward silence that had settled over the group.

"Come on, let's get this over with," Steve beckoned them with him, already halfway across the surprisingly calm street when the rest finally made a move to follow. He didn't waste time waiting for them before knocking hard on the large wooden door. Much to his and the others' surprise, the door lazily swung open with nothing behind it but a large, empty room.

"Hello?" The Captain called into the vast space. The only response was his own voice echoing back to him. He looked back at his friends who had joined him on the steps, all very suspicious of the whole scene. Ever the leader, Cap slowly crept into the building, tightly holding onto his shield. The rest followed suit with their weaponry at the ready.

"Anyone home?" He called out again. Still no answer. Suddenly, the heavy door slammed shut, startling them far more than they cared to admit.

"Welcome, Avengers." A calm voice echoed throughout the vast hall. Everyone immediately tensed, searching for the source.

"Show yourself!" Natasha barked. The voice simply laughed.

"You need to learn some manners, Miss Romanoff. Can't go around demanding things in someone's house," the voice scolded, seemingly moving throughout the room with no apparent source.

"Our friend left us a note telling us to find Dr. Strange. Is he here?" Steve called back, wanting to escape the situation as soon as possible.

"He might be, he might not be, who knows? Not me," the voice continued to move, almost playing with them.

"We just want to know where Reyna is, then we will leave you alone," Wanda called out this time.

"And to find her, you need the Strange Doctor?" Suddenly, an Asian man stood atop the platform connecting the two staircases. Every weapon was instantly turned towards the unknown man.

"Who are you? Where is Strange?" Natasha questioned. He tsked disapprovingly and shook his head, placing his hands behind his back.

"What did I just tell you, Miss Romanoff? But to answer your question: My name is Wong, librarian of Kamar-Taj. Today I am here to give you a clue to where you will find Strange, who in turn, shall find you your friend," the man explained, musing in the mischief. The team looked amongst themselves. Could they trust this man? What other choice did they have?