Chapter 45 ~ New allies

Recap:

"Reyna Barbosa-Medina. The Raven. I was beginning to wonder when you would come and pay us a visit."

"How was the trip?" Natasha greeted Sam and Steve with a warm smile when they returned from their shopping tour, all while beating the knots in Clint's back into submission.

"It was fine-" Steve started.

"It was cold as hell," Sam protested, rubbing his hands together to generate some warmth. Clint yelped. Natasha had found another knot in his left shoulder.

"Oh, grow up. It doesn't hurt that much," the assassin told off the archer before turning back to the duo. "Did you find anything?"

"I found some things for my sister and her kids, but you lot are a pain in the ass to get presents for," Sam complained as he held up two bags with wrapped packages.

"I actually found some," Steve started. He stuffed his right hand in a pocket in which he had a small present for Bucky when his hand brushed against something he didn't recognize. He frowned.

"What is it, Cap? Did you drop something?" Clint grunted out. Steve shook his head and pulled out something that looked like a business card.

"What's that?" Nat asked.

"It's a card that I don't remember buying," Steve responded. Looking more and more confused by the second.

"It looks like a business card. Look, there's something written on it. Someone must have left it in your pocket intentionally, Steve," Sam commented, pointing at the small card. He was right. When Steve turned the card over, there was something written on it in a neat cursive font.

"Well, go on. What does it say?" Natasha pressed.

Peculiar is the man who shall show the way to the double suns.

Reyna let out a huff and relaxed her stance once she recognized the man's face.

"The theatrics are going to get you killed one day, doctor," she commented. Strange smirked as he landed in front of her.

"A risk I am willing to take, sunshine. Vanish your sword. I promise it won't be needed." He nodded to the dark blade that hung at Reyna's side. She held it up and studied it for a second before spinning it once and sheathing it in the belt she now had around her waist. Placing her hands loosely behind her back, she brought her attention back to the sorcerer with the smallest of sly smiles.

"I'm not worried, Strange. I simply haven't decided whether or not I want to kill you yet," Reyna bit back, tilting her head a bit. Stephen smirked. He definitely liked the temperament of this woman.

"Naturally. Come, I have something I want to show you," the doctor beckoned her closer and held out his arm for her to take.

"Lead the way, doctor," Reyna responded with a small smile as she straightened her posture, keeping her hands behind her back.

"If you say so, Siren," he answered, gestured towards one of the many hallways, and started walking with Reyna following hot on his heels. They walked through the loft and some hallways for a few minutes as Strange contextualized all the artifacts they went past. Where they came from, and their different magical abilities. There was everything from goblets and books to swords and pendants, all with their own unique quirks. Reyna fought hard not to turn into a curious and gleeful child. She had to keep some dignity. After what felt like an eternity, they entered a large room with three arches on the far wall. Reyna looked quizzically at Strange, waiting for an explanation as to why he had brought her here.