Chapter 26 ~ Allegations

⚠️⚠️

Recap:

"So,what HYDRA program makes you fight better than gods?"

The director of SHIELD stepped out of the elevator with Agent Hill at his side. The anger in his face and voice was so intense, it gave Reyna and everyone in the room chills. Fury had learned of Reyna's sudden ability to fight on a level that matched Loki's the moment the others did by Natasha's notification. He had drawn the obvious, if wrong, conclusion when Nat didn't update him any further and came to either remove Reyna from the compound or let her stay as he had done for Natasha. Fury hadn't decided yet.

"Sir, I have never trained in combat with swords before, or any combat, for that matter. Loki helped me learn how to create a weapon from my magic that will grant abilities-" Reyna would not look Fury in the eye, keeping her eyes on his shoes as she tried to explain the situation.

"What is this? Arthur and Excalibur? It doesn't work like that in the real world, woman. Sure, you have magic, but that skill needs years of hard training. It doesn't happen just overnight, and I think you know what I think of people who lie to me," Fury cut her off, taking another step forward. Reyna's head shut off and acted on instinct. She was in danger. She had angered the director of Earth's mightiest heroes and would have to pay the price for it. Reyna stood and took three steps forward before sinking to her knees, locking her arms behind her back, and looking at the floor, just like she was supposed to. Loki, Bucky, and Thor were all standing, astonished at how Fury had treated her to draw out this kind of response from Reyna.

"So, this is the most powerful mutant in HYDRA history tucking her tail and kneeling on the floor the moment someone questions her." Fury placed his hands behind his back and looked down at Reyna with distaste.

"How the hell do you think she would react after 13 years of torture after just that? That is her only defense! Yelling leads to punishment. Punishment means she might never see the light of day again. Can't you see that?" Bucky was fuming now. How could Fury talk to her like that when he knew about her past?

"How come you know her so well, Barnes? Did you train her?" Fury asked calmly. It was almost as if he was trying to rile them up.

"I didn't. The one time I met Reyna almost killed me, but two sister organizations tend to use the same methods, don't they? Director." Bucky retorted. Fury's expression hardened as he looked down at Reyna again.

"How did you learn to fight like that? And don't even think about lying," he asked her with ice in his voice as he took another step forward. Reyna flinched horribly at his movement.

"I have never touched a sword before I created Enyo, sir. She generated the movements needed, sir. I swear, I-" Reyna explained as calmly as she could before she was cut off again. Smack. Reyna's head snapped to the left. Her cheek burned and her ears rang. She did not make a noise at the impact and looked down at the floor again, just like she was supposed to. The rest were too stunned to do anything after the sudden violence against the kneeling woman.

"Thank you, sir," she whispered, her voice almost cracking. Loki heard her words and saw red. He almost rushed forward, but Thor got hold of his arm, keeping him from putting himself in a situation he could not get himself out of. He tried to give Loki a silent warning not to make things messy, but the younger ignored the older and pinned Fury's gaze from Thor's grasp.

"You dare strike a kneeling woman?" Loki forced the rage from his voice to settle on the nonchalant snarl he had adorned in that glass cell on the Helicarrier so many years ago.