CHAPTER 2 || Zombies

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

Hyeonju just got into the classroom when Suhyeok could not answer Miss Park's question. She looked horrible, strange and face covered in blood. She seemed to have had a huge nosebleed, and her hand was twitching weirdly.

She said the science teacher had locked her up. And now it became a free period so I had time to work on my homework.

"What happened to her?" some random girl asked.

"There's rumour saying that actually the science teacher's son is not missing but killed by him." Nayeon bursted with her annoying high pitch voice.

"Does he wanna kill Hyeonju as well??" Gyeongsu gasped.

Gyeongsu made everyone in the classroom gulped.

"Did you see that? Her face is full of blood, did that pervert scientist hit her??"

"Jesus christ on the face!!!! You don't hit a lady's face!!!"

After listening to the chaotic assumptions of classmates, I accidentally bursted out my thoughts when I was working on my math.

"Hyeonju was not being hit."

I did not realise that those who sat near me had adverted their gaze to me already.

"What do you mean? Do you know something?"

Daesu whisper shouted. I was shocked to gain so much attention the second time of a day.

"I don't know. It just doesn't look like it."

"Maybe we should just wait Suhyeok to tell us when he is back."

The others gathered together and discussed the issues after listening to my statement, thinking of what else could have happened. Being unbothered, I continued my work.

"Yah Park Minji."

"What??!!" I did not know how many times I got disturbed already.

"You seemed to know the difference of being hit and Hyeonju's case well, you did fight with gangsters didn't you?"

"Jeon Jungkook seriously? I thought you know I was in the same taekwondo class as you."

Jungkook made a pout face for not getting the answer he wanted, he was unexpectedly annoying today. There was no way I would fall into his childish tricks.

But, what? Did he really not realise I was in the same taekwondo class as him??!! The hell...

Wait, what was I even expecting? It was not surprising for him to not remember some random person like me.

***

It was lunch time but Minji did not feel like having lunch today.  She had an ominous feeling. Maybe that's because she had not finished her homework, or maybe the strange figure of Kim Hyeonju gave her goosebumps.

She was in the toilet trying to clear her thoughts when she started to hear all kind of annoying screams.

It was unusual.

Screams filled with fear.

She opened the toilet door slightly just to see so many, so many students ran pass the bathroom entrance.

Then she heard hissing, grumbling, snarling and messed up footsteps.

"What the fuck??" Minji cursed. She did not feel good.  She heard people screaming for help.

She could not stay in the toilet, it was suffocating.

Minji grabbed a broomstick with her and slowly widen the door.

The creak sound made by the door exposed her to the creatures.

"Shit!" three unknown creatures dashed towards her without hesitation.

Minji immediately closed the door of her cubicle, locking herself inside.

She was panting hard, because she had not even figured out what was happening yet. But the banging on the door told her that this weak ass door could not last long.

She climbed up the toilet and had a peek of those crazy creatures. They were wearing school uniforms. They twitched. They acted similar as Hyeonju.

The most important thing now was to get out of this bathroom. Luckily no more creatures entered anymore.

Minji proved her assumptions right as she threw the rubbish bin to the very end corner of the bathroom. These creatures followed sounds, which could explain why no more of them entering the bathroom. People screamed their ass off outside.

No time left to think.

As the creatures ran towards the corner Minji immediately hopped out of the bathroom and closed its entrance door.

These creatures did not know how to open a door, she was relieved.

And she was so careless that she did not notice another creature was a finger space closed to spring onto her.

Minji immediately did an arm spin, flipping it over her shoulder.

"Holy shit... it worked!"

But the creature moved even more fiercely. It only stopped when the girl poked a broomstick through its throat.

She crouched down and examined the creature closely.

Bloody mouth, pale skin, bite marks...

Had she watched too much dramas? It was undoubtedly a zombie to her.

"Interesting..."

Park Minji never thought she would really experienced something like this in her life. This seemed to be an apocalypse, but she was unexpectedly calm. She took out the broken broomstick and walked towards the classroom 2-5.