CHAPTER 38 || The End • The Beginning

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"Yah, Hyosan hotel is amazing!" Namra exclaimed as the three of us were lying on the sun-loungers beside the enormous out-door swimming pool.

The view was stunning, but lifeless. Tall buildings looked like mini houses from the top of Hyosan hotel, there were no longer any light, and the only light source— the sun is setting, which painted the whole sky in orange and purple.

"Ahhh, I really wanna swim." Jungkook sighed while looking at the pathetically messy pool behind him.

"You can, if you clean that." I responded.

There must be a massive outbreak in the hotel, since the pool was coloured in blood red, not to mentioned some flesh and body parts laid at the bottom of it.

Not only the swimming pool, but the hotel was a mess too, broken glass, frames, furniture and so on. There was not any electricity, we walked 68 floors to reach the rooftop. This hotel was our secret spot, and yes, we did not feel tired climbing stairs anymore. We spent a whole day here every once in a while.

"Never mind. Until I finished it we might have already had methods to turn back to humans." He shrugged.

"Turning back to humans..." Namra mumbled after hearing Jungkook's reply.

"Do you guys want to turn back to humans...?"

"Hmm...I don't know." I bit my lips, seriously considering this question I had never really thought about.

"To me... currently I feel like its not a big deal to not be a human. I actually have everything that makes me happy as a hambie, when I don't have them while being a human." I messed my hair.

"But damn, Hershey chocolate tastes like shit now!!! Oh god!!! I cannot accept this. I am very angry about it." I gritted my teeth.

Jungkook and Namra chuckled at my answer, which made me pout.

"Well, I wanna listen to music too, but I cannot now..." Namra sighed in disappointment.

She was right. There was no signal, or electricity in this abandoned city right now. As some millennials here who could not live without the internet and mobiles, We lost a lot of fun and connection to the world.

It was like our lives had devolved back to the ancient times, when there was no electrical device, machine, light...

"I don't really think I want to." Jungkook bursted. We both turned to him.

"Why?" Namra asked curiously, tilting her head.

"Similar to Minji's opinion, is it so important to be a human if I have everything as a hambie right now? Plus, if I am turning back to a human, I will probably die right away..." He sighed, touching his own chest.