CHAPTER 23 || Metaphors

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

The camera was handed to me at last. I looked at the black machine when Jungkook held my hand and put it in my palm.

To be honest, I had nothing to say. I did not have anything to say to anyone.

I handed it to Onjo, although she had already filmed herself.

"Just say something? You really have nothing to say?" Onjo asked.

"Yea, just pretend we are not here." Jungkook encouraged me.

"Even if no one is here, I have nothing to say." I replied.

"You know, just say whatever you want, it might help you de-stress." Cheongsan suggested.

After a while, I held the camera up.

"Oh shit, I look like a mess. This made me more stressful, gosh!" I snickered as I saw my face on the screen. I attempted to wipe away the dirt and blood stains on my face but eventually gave up when they just never come off.

"To whoever see this,"

"Fuck you all!"

I shut the camera and sighed. I had never been able to sleep well, like ever. The dark circles underneath my eyes just made me feel pathetic.

Onjo gently took the camera from me and walked towards Namra.

Oh, look at those two, they are literally having a perfect date during an apocalypse.

"So...what should we do? Should we get to the rooftop?" Wujin asked as Onjo returned.

"How can we get out of here now..." Hyoryeong sighed.

"Maybe just stay here a bit longer?" Daesu not wanting to deal with zombies anymore, well, who wanted to?

"We can't stay here forever." Joonyeong stated, I nodded.

"Of course, what if she turn, or the one inside that storeroom turn? It's scary to get stuck in here forever." Jimin asserted.

"She is a hambie, she won't turn. Technically, she is half-turned. I have said this a thousand times." Daesu affirmed, even with his index finger pointing out indicating his certainty and confidence.

"I think...it is not necessarily bad to have a hambie with us." I said.

"What do you mean?" Onjo asked.

"Look, what is the difference between class prez and ordinary zombies?"

"Class prez know us, speak to us..."

"Class prez can control herself from biting people." Jungkook said. I turned to him with an eyebrow raised.

"You saw it too?"