CHAPTER 34 || 2 vs 1

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"Is there a washroom in here?" I asked the archer.

"Yea. Its over there." The archer tilted his head towards the corner of the gymnasium, where we located the entrance of a washroom. After that he looked down and continued packing some arrows.

"Okay." I pulled Jungkook with me.

"Huh, you want me to watch you pee?" Jungkook chuckled as we arrived at the washroom, I shot him a glare, and sighed.

I went to the sink and wash my face. Though I had not been to washroom for days, I did not feel the need at all. Probably because my body had been dehydrated for so long.

Jungkook also started to wash his hand and face, which were covered with blood and dirt. After washing off the stains, the scratches on his skin were more than visible.

I scanned through his arm, they were there because of me. If I did not turn around or pull him back, he would not have so many tough fights with zombies.

I bit my lips and turned to look at my reflection in the mirror. Those dull eyes with dark circles, bruised cheek, scratch marks on the neck...Was I too tired to make a right decision? I was making another person suffer with me.

"I'm sorry." I gulped. "You are right, I am not invincible and I should have listened to you and just—"

"Hey, hey, Minji." Jungkook turned me to face him and cupped my face.

"I was just kidding, you did nothing wrong, you are so kind and you want to save everyone. And look, I am fine as hell!" He spun himself in a circle and smiled at me.

He brushed away the few strands of hair on my face and caressed my face again.

"Don't blame yourself for that. We will surely survive."

I held onto his hand and pulled him into a hug. The familiar scent calmed me down and made me feel safe, comfortable and less guilty.

"You are so nice to me." I mumbled and put my hands in my pockets after breaking the hug.

"Why do you sound like you cannot be treated nicely??! Plus, you are my girlfriend, my fucking girlfriend?!" He frowned and said.

I chuckled and looked down. A certain long thin thing in my pocket got in touch with my hand, I eventually took it out. It was the cutter which I gave Namra to give me back.

I put it on my eye level, covering its sharp blade, black coat in one glance. I slid the blade out and then back in, flipped it around and sighed as memories flooded in my mind.

"Tell you something, Kook."

Jungkook did not speak, but used silence to ask me continue.

"This cutter was given by my mum."