CHAPTER 37 || Till We Meet Again

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"Is this gonna work? We have been doing this for months." Minji blankly looked at the campfire, reddish orange flames burning in the dark. It was the only light source around, Hyosan city was completely abandoned for a while already.

"Yes, I am sure it will work. When someone light a fire, we promised to gather around, right?" Namra smiled, looking back at Minji who was sitting on the edge of the wall of their high school's rooftop.

"I don't know, are they all doing well? I hope they sleep well." Minji swung her legs back and forth as she responded.

She met Namra very soon after she turned, they also met the others who had same condition as them. They became another squad, but both of them could not forget the group of buddies they had been surviving with.

Namra told Minji everything that happened after Minji and Jungkook were separated from the group. About Joonyeong, Wujin, and Cheongsan... All Minji could do was bitting her lips and grief. She had no idea would she ever see them again because they dropped a bomb exactly at Hyosan high.

"Have you slept well then?" Namra asked with a smile.

"Hmm, I went to sleep in the Hyosan hotel last night, that was awesome. Finally understand why it costed so much." Minji responded with a chuckle.

"Hyosan hotel?? The five star one right?? You should have invited me together!!!"

"Next time!! But you know, I am no longer sleep deprived after becoming a zombie, so... ugh!!Should have come here once when I was still a human."

"Still, resting in a five star hotel for free, this is so awesome!! I have never thought of this!" Namra sat on the edge with Minji. They looked at each other before bursting into laughters together.

"So..." Namra switched her position to face Minji.

"Tell me what happened after we got separated."

Minji snorted and rolled her eyes.

"Like I said, that archer guy just exposed us when we could have avoided a fight with Yoon Gwinam, I still don't know what his name is but his was such a dick."

"You know I am not asking about this, you have said this a thousand times." Namra smiled and gazed at Minji. Indeed, Minji completely understood, just pretended she do not.

Minji broke away the eye contact and sighed while palming her face. She did not want to talk about it. Namra tilted her head in confusion, she did not understand why Minji did not want to talk about it.

"It's just...aish, my mood went up and down crazier than a roller coaster that day, I literally thought I went mad. As I recall now, I don't wanna talk about it at all."