CHAPTER 27 || Her

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"It has something to do with your dad, isn't it?"

Minji bit her lips as she stared at the girl with curly brown hair in a pony tail. The girl frowned, her face showed huge concern.

"Minji ah, you have to tell us what's wrong so that we can help you." The girl continued.

"Yeah!!  At least tell us what happened, we are best friends, right? We can share the pain with you." The other one with short hair and sea blue orbs pierced through Minji's soul, searching for answers in worry.

Minji sighed and stretched her arms on the table, Sera rolled her sleeves up, revealing the bruises underneath.

Minji immediately teared up, she buried her face in the table, shoulders moving vigorously. Miyoung patted her back, trying to calm her down.

"They are not from Taekwondo, right?"  Sera flipped her pony tail to the back and held onto Minji's arm carefully.

"Taekwondo doesn't use arms, dumbass." Miyoung rolled her eyes at Sera.

"They do, just not so often." Sera said back.

Minji pouted as she lifted her head up, her nose was red and traces of tears could be seen along her cheeks.

"I knew it, you always say you and your dad are not in good terms." Sera sighed.

"These are so terrifying, it must be so painful." Miyoung furrowed her brows.

"Since when did he start doing this?" Sera averted her gaze to Minji's eyes.

"Since...I was eight." Minji sniffled.

"What?!! Eight?!" Both of them shouted.

"Shhhh!!!" Minji immediately covered their mouths.

"Minji, you need to tell the teachers, you can't let this continue." Sera looked at her firmly.

"Yeah, tell Miss Cho tomorrow, we will be with you." Miyoung nodded.

Minji hugged the two while breaking into tears again, but this time chuckling.

"Thank you... I am so lucky to have you two."

***

The next day everyone was staring at Minji and whispered when she passed by. They did not hide it from her, she could hear some of the words clearly.

Father. Abuse. Bruises.

Minji lowered her head and quickly walked towards her locker, where she saw Sera and Miyoung standing.