CHAPTER 24 || Locked

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

After Onjo's instruction, we all started to build a barricade that divided the classroom into two.

That was quite similar to what I did before, but this time the "wall" was stronger and sturdier.

"Here, Minji." Jungkook signalled me to put the chair I was holding on the table we just sat on.

I handed him the chair, he grabbed it from me and lifted it so easily.

"Let me do it, you just have to hand me the chair." He said as he stood on the table, tying two chairs together.

"Why? Are you saying I cannot do this?! Are you looking down on me??" I got irritated.

"Aish." He got down and pressed my left arm, I winced at the sudden pain.

"See, you already strained your muscle, just don't try to make it worse by moving heavy objects, okay?"

He massaged my arm for a while before getting back up onto the table.

"Yah, how did you know?" I rubbed my arm.

"It's obvious, you hissed as I hugged you—"

Our eyes met each other for an awkward moment. I guessed we just both recalled the particular moment. I immediately turned away as I felt my cheeks heating up. He coughed a few times.

"Um, and your left arm was not moving normally for this whole time."

"O-okay." I stuttered and handed him another chair.

"How did you get your arm strained? Did you pull something harshly?"

I would have forgotten how I injured myself if it was not him asking. I would not even mind about the injured arm, too.

I was not born with tolerance for pain but this could be acquired, I assumed.

"Hmm...I almost forgot. Maybe it was when Cheongsan and I fell off from a bookshelf. Cheongsan got pushed off so I tried to pull him with full force, but failed." I shrugged, remembering a particular shitty four eyes who stared at me as his lips trembled.

"What?!! You two fell off??!! Are you okay?!!! Did you get hurt anywhere else?!!" Jungkook crouched down and scanned me worriedly.

"I am fine." I rolled my eyes. "If anything it should be Cheongsan getting hurt. I fell on him."

"What?!!! You fell on him???!!!!" Jungkook's reaction was especially big.

"Yea, or do you want me to kiss the floor?"

"Aish, I shouldn't have let you out at the beginning."

"Then you shouldn't have gone out."

"Why?"