CHAPTER 14 || Survival instincts

§
_________________________________

 §_________________________________

***

Minji woke up with a hoodie on her shoulder.

She sat straight on the chair, rubbing her eyes. Jungkook was still asleep beside her, wearing only a shirt. She put that grey hoodie on him, trying not to wake anybody.

Last night she slept with the other classmates after they had finished turning the recording room into a bathroom.

Minji tried her best to corporate, even though no one except Jungkook really talked to her.

She was a light sleeper, it was not hard to know she did not sleep well under a zombie outbreak.

The bright sun still rose and was clearly not disturbed by the zombies. Sunlight shone into the broadcasting room through the broken window.

Minji stood in front of the window, gazing into the distance. The zombies were still pacing around the sports ground. It was not a dream.

Suddenly a figure approached and stood beside her, looking at the same direction she did.

Minji glanced from the corner of her eye, it was Cheongsan.

"Good morning." he whispered.

"Not really good." she replied.

"I heard that Gyeongsu said you were his friend."

"Since yesterday."

"What did you guys say in the room?"

"Nothing special."

"Although I still don't really like you. You are a good person."

"Huh?" Minji was confused by the sudden confession.

"Gyeongsu is very kind and outgoing, but he is very hot-headed as well. I thought he would piss off while being in the same room with you." Cheongsan explained, showing a weak smile.

"Oh yea? Anyway, it's not like it matters anymore." She answered.

Cheongsan frowned after hearing what Minji had said. The girl beside her did not even have the slightest change in facial expression, as if nothing happened yesterday. Her ability to adjust her mentality was, he could say, maybe better than adults.

He himself had not got over with Gyeongsu's turn, his heart was drowning in pain and burning with wrath.

The way she replied that neither Gyeongsu could get along with her nor simply Gyeongsu, he interpreted, did not mattered anymore did nothing but only reminded him of Gyeongsu again, who was his best friend, who was dead in front of him. Although she was right, Minji's reply was too cruel for him.

"This is why I don't like you, you are so—"

"Cheongsan." Another girl walked to the window, filling in the gap between Minji and Cheongsan.