CHAPTER 5 || Outcast

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"Shit why are there so many??!!"

I knew I could only trust myself but apparently I had overestimated my own ability in this apocalypse.

Wait, yeah I was not a main character on any occasion, I fucking shared the same name with more than 500 people in this world. I would probably die without anyone noticing.

I swung my bat, knocking down as many zombies as I could, not forgetting to give some back kicks to the fellows behind me.

I was not invincible, moving this way actually drained all my energy. I knew I have to have a rest before setting off for storeroom again.

After a series of tag games with those immortal creatures down the stairs I finally saw a classroom that seemed to have its door shut tightly and I could not see much mess and blood through the windows.

I kicked away some zombies around and immediately hopped inside, shutting the door behind tightly.

"Phew, that was so close." I finally got some space to relax.

Then I heard some hissing and snarling.

"Holy crap"

I immediately shot up, only to have made eye contact with some zombies.

I could not help but covered my mouth with widened eyes.

Someone was hanging on the ceiling fan at the corner of the classroom using a rope.

No wonder why this classroom looked so clean from outside, the poor girl had her lower half nearly bitten off.

It took me much longer time to finish the few zombies in this classroom, partly because I was so tired, partly because there were too many obstacles.

But even after killing all the zombies, I did not want to stay any longer in this classroom too.

"This is bloody hella disgusting..."

I tied my hair into a messy bun, sitting on a chair and drank the last bit of water I had.

Music room was a few classrooms away. Apparently I had to find some ways to distract the zombies so that I could get there.

Or maybe I would just fight them on the way, I was only on myself, what better idea I could think off?

I could not directly look at the body so I stared at the floor.

"Poor girl. God, you will let her go to heaven right...? It's not her fault that she killed herself..."

I thought of an idea, it was good, but it was bad.

Pretty bad.

I pulled all the desk over and divided the classroom in half, building a wall in two desks' height.

Along with that, I placed some of the chairs and desks randomly as obstacles.

Only a tiny space was left for me to squeeze from the first half of the classroom to another.

"I am really, really sorry. I know this is terrible, I am a terrible person. I...I am the worst and deserve to go to hell. I don't know who you are...b—but I will never forget you, forget how you save my life. Thank you and sorry."

I closed my eyes and carefully lifted the girl's remaining parts down, placing her in the middle of the first half of the classroom.

"I am so sorry you have to go through this, rest in peace and words cannot expressed my gratitude for you."

I took a deep breath, walked towards the front door.

After stretching myself and did a little warm up, I held my bat tightly and slid the door.

"COME ON YOU FUCKING STUPID CREATURES!!!!!!!!!!"

***

"I am going after her." Jungkook immediately ran towards the door after Minji left in a blink.

"Wait!!! What are you even thinking?!!! It's too dangerous out there!" Cheongsan held his arm tightly, refused to let go.

"You know right? Then you should let me go cause she might die!!!"

"She wanted to die herself!! No one asks her to go out so boldly! She deserves it if she really die outside." Jimin said rolling her eyes.

"Seriously?! And you are letting her die? Then you are also a murderer!!" Jungkook angrily shouted.

"Jungkook oppa, why do you care about her? She went out cause she thinks she is the best. She despised us. You shouldn't risk you life saving that bitch." Nayeon walked over to pull Jungkook as well.

"How can you call her a bitch?! She is your classmate!" Jungkook swung her hand off.

"Well, she is!!! Look at how she treats me!!!...and everyone!!" Nayeon whined in her annoying pitch.

"I mean, this time she is not wrong. Jungkook, we just lost Minji, and we don't even know where...where Suhyeok is, we can't risk losing anyone anymore..." On-jo said in a trembling voice.

Jungkook started to wrap his ankles with the remaining bandages from the first aid kit.

"That's why, I will find her and take her back."

"Kookie, are you for real? You are leaving us for her?" Daesu asked worriedly.

"Come on, you don't believe I can make it? I am a black belt! And as for Park Minji, she might have been a little bit cocky, but she is still our classmate, a human life. Under this situation, shouldn't we help her and tell her she is not alone??" Jungkook stretched himself.

"Teamwork is the best way to survive. It is actually better to gather as many survivors as possible so that there will be a higher chance to make it out." Namra stated seriously.

"Right??? Class president is always right."

"I am just stating the facts."

"Actually, I agreed with taking her back." Joonyeong adjusted his glasses.

"She can fight, that means we will have one more powerful fighter, thus higher chance of surviving."

"She is not a machine." Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

"Anyway, I am going now. Stay safe guys! I will be back as soon as possible!" He waved and sneaked out agilely.

"You are the one that should stay safe." Daesu sighed. Nayeon crossed her arms grumpily.

"Isak... why is your hand so cold...?"

That was the last thing Jungkook heard after closing the door.