II

"Uncle Alex, catch me next!"

Sybbie Branson called out as Alexander just sets George Crawley and Caroline Talbot down in his arms after catching them and spinning them around in his arms.

"Oh, I'll get you now Sybbie!" Alex then sets George and Caroline down and chases her around the library.

Alex loves spending time with his nieces and nephew in every opportunity he can. He does miss his other niece, Marigold—who has just moved in to Brancaster Castle, along with her mother and stepfather.

Sybbie then laughs as her uncle finally caught him, and spins her around in his arms as well before carefully setting her down again.

"Now, we will catch you!" she then said, and they all run towards him.

"Oh, no!!" Alex said, and they all run around the Great Hall and the Library again before the kids finally caught him, wrapping their arms around his legs.

"We got you!!" they giggled.

"Yes," Alex smiles, and gently ruffles their hairs "You all finally got me."

The library door then opened, revealing the Earl and Countess of Grantham.

"Granny! Donk!!" the younger children then ran and hug both of them.

"Hello, darlings!" Robert smiles as they hug them back and kiss their cheeks.

"What are you doing here with Uncle Alex?" Cora asked.

"Uncle Alex was playing catch with us!" George told excitedly while Caroline nods in agreement.

"Really?" Robert playfully raises an eyebrow.

"We've been playing for about half an hour now." the Viscount replied with a chuckle.

"But now...I believe Nanny has to take all of you for a bath now." Cora said.

"Awwww!!!" the kids frowned, not wanting to end their playtime just yet.

"Don't worry, we can continue playing later at tea time" Alex smiles at them.

"Really, Uncle?" Sybbie asked.

The Viscount nods, making the kids cheer and hug him before rushing back upstairs for their baths.

"Just don't break any vases." Robert teased his son as he sat down by his desk.

"We'll try our best not to." Alex chuckles softly.

"Alex and I will go for a walk before tea." Cora smiles, and kisses her husband on his cheek .

"Have fun, you two." Robert smiles.

"We will, Papa." Alex smiles, and kisses his cheek as well before offering his arm to his Mama.

"Shall we, milady?"

"We shall, milord."

They then both laugh as they headed out to the gardens.

***

The Earl of Grantham chuckles softly to himself and smiles as he watched his wife and son go out for a walk. He is glad that his son has grown to a gentleman that he wished he would.

With his and Cora's four children, they were all more free and happier than his and Rosamund's childhood combined. Growing up in a traditional household, they weren't given much of the freedom and had to obey by the customs and the rules of their society.

Whenever he and his sister Rosamund gets a bit of freedom, it is usually from running away at balls and parties—or sneaking out of the house whenever their parents are away.