XXVIII

To his surprise, Alex woke up earlier than the rest of the boys. As soon as he got up and wore his glasses, he then poke his head out of his room, to check if they're up already and were noisy downstairs. Instead, he only heard silence and some loud snores coming from their rooms.

He then took a quick shower, and only wears his dark grey pants and white long-sleeved shirt first, as it was still quite early. He then takes out his pen and paper, stretches his arms a bit, and proceeds to write his letter:

Dearest Jo,

I do hope you're doing alright today. I have safely arrived here at Belgrave Square at my Aunt Rosamund's house last night. The house is a bit smaller than Downton, but it is rather more fancier, in my opinion. I hope that, by the time you read this, you had a great first day in school. Because as I write this, I am just about to start mine. 

Your brother James also gave me a photograph of you, which is very nice, and look quite lovely in the photo. I have displayed on my writing desk, beside the photo of my school friends and my family. And speaking of my school friends, I do hope that by the autumn break, I can introduce you to them. They're all boys, of course, but I can assure you this: that they are very good boys as well. 

I also brought your books with me, and have just started reading War and Peace. But I'll tell you all about it soon, when I see you again in the autumn break.

I miss you. As a friend, of course. And I can't wait to see you soon enough.

Your dearest friend,

Alex

He then looks at his letter, and smiles before carefully folding the paper and placing it inside an empty envelope beside him. He carefully sealed the envelope, and puts her name at the back of the it. He then heard someone knocking on his door, making him hide his letter inside his pants pocket.

"Come in." he said. The door opened, and he saw his dear aunt.

"I thought you're still asleep. I was about to wake you up." Rosamund smiles at her nephew.

"I suppose I am too excited for the first day." Alex chuckles.

Rosamund chuckles along softly "Well then, I'll just wake up the rest. You can head downstairs now for breakfast, if you like."

"Of course, Auntie. Thank you."

Alex then puts on his black sweater vest first before heading downstairs in the dining hall. Moments later, the rest of the boys are down for breakfast, wearing the same clothes as he was.

"Well, someone's excited." Alfie teased, and pats his back as they get from the buffet trays.

"For the record, I do wake up this early back at home to have bikes rides, thank you very much." Alex replied.

"And you always come back in time?" Richie asks, sitting on his left side.

"Always. I have never failed so far." Alex smiles proudly at himself.

"Good morning, boys." Rosamund then enters the room, making all the boys stop eating and stand up from their seats.

"Good morning, Auntie!" they all greeted cheerfully.