XXVII

A few hours later, they finally arrived at 35 Belgrave Square, where his Aunt Rosamund lives. She inherited it from her late husband, Marmaduke Painswick. Alex always wondered how his late uncle was—apart from his sisters' stories that their Uncle Duke always played with them, and was also the one who spoils them whenever he and Auntie visits Downton—much to his brother-in-law's dismay and to his sister-in-law's joy.

As they park in front of the house, Alex came out of the car first, and helps his aunt out after. He then looks at his the house again, and never gets tired of being always at the architecture of the house: a mix of modern and traditional styles.

"Lord Downton, may I speak with you for a moment?" James then asks him. Alex then looks at his aunt, to which Rosamund nodded and heads inside of the house first.

"I—well, Jo wanted to give something to you." James then handed him a folded photograph "She told me he forgot to give this to you yesterday."

"Thank you, Mister Lewis." Alex smiles, and opens the photograph. It was a photo of Jo herself, dated last year. She was also wearing the same outfit that she wore when he first met him.

"I couldn't thank you enough for being Jo's friend, milord." James added "Really, you are the only male friend who never bullied nor gave her a bad attitude."

"Of course. I always try to be good to the people I meet, even if...they're bad at me" the Viscount smiles "I'll see you tomorrow then, Mister Lewis?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, milord." James then said, before Alex heads inside his aunt's stately home.

***

As Alex arrived in his own room, he left the door ajar, carefully sets his luggage down and plops down on his bed. He sighs tiredly, and let's his body rest for a few moments. He then looks at Jo's photo again, and slowly smiles at it.

He also remembers the kiss on his cheek, which was making him blush again—for some reason. He sits back up, and somehow manages to find a spare photo frame on his study desk. He doesn't really remember why he has it on the first place, but he is now lucky that he has.

He then carefully puts Jo's photo on the frame, and place it back on the desk. He then heard a knock on the door, and sees his aunt.

"Are you alright, Alex?" she asks as she enters the room.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" he smiles, quietly hiding Jo's photo in his desk behind him.

"The Fellowship called me just now, and is coming here tonight. They'll join us for dinner later, and will stay for a week."

The Viscount chuckles softly "Don't they always do? They've been doing it for two years straight."

"And yet, it always feels like as if it was just yesterday, when you first invited them here." Rosamund smiles.

"Oh, no need to get sentimental now, Auntie." Alex teased.

"Why not? I've considered you all as my sons. The four of you. We're all a little family now here in my home."

Alex then gives his aunt a big hug and gently rubs her back as well "We are more than proud to be considered as your sons." he said "Most especially me, of course."

Rosamund chuckles softly, and kisses his cheek "Now, go get dressed and fix your things. I'll see you at dinner with the others later."

"Thank you, Auntie." the young man smiles as she left the room and closes the door. He then quickly puts Jo photo back up on his desk, alongside the photos of him and his friends last year. He smiles at both photos, before quickly stretching and start fixing his things.