XXXV

They then all head to the drawing room after dinner, where Jo and the boys continued talking. Mary, Edith, and Tom were playing cards, while Isobel, Violet and Dickie were all settled on the settee. Robert, Cora, and Rosamund were talking nearby as well.

"Say Miss Lewis, are you ever...interested in joining a friend group?" Alfie then asks.

"I am quite interested actually." Jo smiles "I have never been part of a friend group before."

"Are you interested in joining the our group, then?" Alex smiles at her "We call ourselves 'The Fellowship', by the way."

"And may I ask why do you call yourselves The Fellowship?"

"Well, we're just a bunch of fellows that formed this group six years ago." Richie explains "And...that name was just suggested out of the blue, but it stuck eventually."

"Yes, because it sounds like from a book, and quite formal, in a sense." Vince added.

Jo then thinks for a moment, then nods at them. "Alright then. I'll be a member of The Fellowship...that is, if you will accept me."

"We will! Won't we, Crawley?" Alfie said and nudges Alex, who was rather busy admiring Jo. He then snaps back to reality and looks at him.

"I'm sorry, what?" he asks.

"I said we're going to accept Miss Lewis into The Fellowship, right?" Alfie asked again.

"Yes...yes, of course" the Viscount smiles and offers his hand "Welcome to The Fellowship, Miss Josephine."

Jo takes his hand and shakes it "Thank you for accepting me in your humble club, Lord Downton."

"But are you sure you can...handle us?" Richie asks "Not that I am underestimating you or anything, I-"

"Richie just means if you can handle the chaos of the four of us." Vince saves him "We are known to be a quite chaotic bunch."

"I can assure you, Lord Dorchester, that I can handle all of you well." Jo smiles confidently "I grew up in a male-dominant household, so I certainly handle the chaos of all four of you."

"Well that settles it, then." Alex said "Now, we will treat Miss Josephine with respect, like a noble lady deserves. Even better, really."

***

While the young adults continued their discussion, Violet and Isobel have been watching their interaction all along.

"Well, it seems your grandson has been quite distracted with Miss Lewis, don't you think?" Isobel told her.

"Too much, it seems." Violet said "As it Miss Lewis puts him under a spell ever since they met months ago."

"Now, now, don't say that! They're only friends. Close friends, even!"

"Friends that are too close!" Violet insisted "Have you not observed Alexander now?!"

They then look at Alex smiling sweetly, and who's eyes was only looking at Jo.

"Surely they're just friends who haven't seen each other in quite a long time" Isobel argued.

"Whatever you say...but I think they're more than we will know of."

On the other hand, Cora, Robert, and Rosamund were looking at the group as well.

"Are you sure they're already in such a relationship, Robert?" Cora asks her husband "Surely that is quite a conclusion, coming from you!"

"See? That's what I was telling him!" Rosamund said "He seems too invested in the two of them!"

"Have the two of you not seen them?" Robert insisted "They look like a lovely couple, do they not?"