XXX

Their first four days into the new school year went well as usual. The boys had their joint and separate activities throughout the days, and participated in their respective clubs as well:

Alex in both the art club and the student council, Richie in the music club, Vince in the literature club, and Alfie in the science club.

But one afternoon, just as the Viscount was about to join the rest of The Fellowship back in the library before they home, a group of students blocked his way.

"Oh, what do we have here? The nerdy half-breed." Philip Scott, the Marquess of Titchfield said as he and his group of friends gathered round him.

Scott was the known bully in school, and brags about his title as his family is second most senior peerage in all of England. Every student calls him 'His Lordship', which is one of the best ways to avoid trouble with him as much as possible. Using his family's position and power, he can get away from all the detentions and punishments in school. He was feared by professors and students alike...well all except Alex, of course.

Alex was unfazed, and looks at the bully "Good afternoon, Your Lordship." he addresses him politely.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Philp said "Now, why are you still loitering around the hallway?"

"I was on my to the library to meet my friends." the latter replied "Now, if you will just let me pass. I have to get to them and study for our tests next week."

"Hold it right there." Philip then pushes him back as he tries to get away "I didn't let you pass yet. Not unless, you hand me some money"

Alex chuckles softly "Money? You need money already? Did your nanny not give you this time? Or did you just spend it all in your...I don't know, gambling exploits?"

Philip then suddenly grabs him by his collar, and pushes his back hard on one of the lockers. Alex chuckles softly as he saw his furious face.

"How in the bloody hell did you know about that?!" the bully demanded.

"I don't know. Maybe don't hang around the local casino down the street too much in between classes and on the weekends" Alex grins playfully, making the bully more furious.

"You stupid piece of–!!" Philip then lets him go, and throws a punch straight to his face. Alex was quickly knocked out of balance, but regains it in time to dodge another punch, making Philip punch a locker door, denting it in the process.

"Is that what your scandalous family taught you, huh?" Philip then said "To stalk people around and blackmail them?"

"I wasn't stalking. I merely observing from afar, and within the school premises as well." Alex grins, and wipes the blood that was coming from his nose and mouth.

"Do you think you can beat me in this? You half-breed son of a gun!" Philip shouted "Having an American mother and a penniless Earl as a father! You came from a poor family of scandal! I mean, who can forget your bloody sister marrying an Irish chauffer—"

That is when Alex's patience finally snapped.

He then charges Philip before he can even finish his sentence, and throws strong punch in the face. The Viscount tackles him to the ground, and continues to throw hard punches. But Philip got to tackle him back, throwing back punches as well. The rest of his group then kicked and punched Alex until he wasn't fighting back anymore.

"You will never win against me, Crawley. Remember that. No one wins against the Marquess of Titchfield." Philip then whispers close to his ear, before he and his group got up and left him lying down the empty school hallway.