XX

Alex woke up early before everyone else as usual, quickly taking a bath and dressing up in his tweeds before biking up his way to the Temple of Diana. And just as he expected, Jo was already there waiting for him, sitting down on the grass.

"You're early." he teased, catching her attention.

"And you're late." Jo teased back, making him chuckle softly.

"Well at least you're not up the temple this time."

"Not this time, no." she smiles at him.

"Well, I have some great news." Alex said, smiling "I have asked the Queen last night if I could take you to the ball."

"And...?" Jo inquired as she stood up, obviously excited on what he was about to say.

"And she agreed! I could take you to the ball tonight!"

The young lady gasps softly, then screamed in joy and hugs him close. Alex laughs softly, and hugs her close as well.

"Oh, thank you, thank you SO MUCH!!" she smiles happily at him "Oh my goodness! I still can't believe you really did that!"

"Well, I told you I keep my promises." the Viscount smiles "And I did. Are convinced now?"

"Yes. I am quite convinced now." she chuckles.

Alex chuckles along, and smiles at her sweetly.

"So, now that it's approved...what are we to do now?"

"Well...here's the thing" he then said "My family wants to meet you and your family."

"Lord and Lady Grantham...wants to meet us?" she looks at him, surprised "And Lady Mary and Lady Edith too?"

The Viscount nods in agreement "My sisters also agreed to help you choose your dress."

"Oh my goodness...I don't know how to feel all about this."

"Consider yourself lucky." he smiles "And don't worry, they're good people. And they'll help you be a princess for one night."

"You know I can't thank you enough for doing this. You are already the best friend anyone could have."

"I shall take that as the best compliment I got this year." Alex smiles "But...does your father know about this?"

"He does, yes. I told him. And I also did to my brothers." Jo said proudly "They know I'm in good hands, as my father gets to meet your parents every now and then. But I think they'll be shock to know that we'll meet your entire family later."

"And you'll be proud of it."

"I'll probably brag about it for the rest of my life."

The two then shared a laugh as they watch the sun rise from behind the clouds. Moments later, Alex yawns softly and looks at her again.

"I suppose we need to head back now." he said to her.

"Yes, I think we should." she smiles at him "Father might be looking for me already."

"Can I take you to your home?" he then offered "We will be a lot faster if we're on my bike."

"Are you sure? We might fall onto this." Jo asks, a bit worried.

"Oh, come on now. Trust me."

They then head down the gates of Downton, where Alex mounts on his bike first. Jo then sat on the back seat, and wraps her arms around his waist for safety.

"Are you ready?" he looks at her, trying his best not to blush hard in front of her.

"Just please don't let us crash today." she replied, holding him closer.