As Alex came from back from his errands, he then saw a gleaming car with three figures standing in front of it. At the same time, and not noticing his master, Thomas Barrow quickly arrives to them.

"Greetings, Mister Wilson. Welcome to Downton Abbey."

Mr. Wilson looks at the house disdainfully. Wilson and the two others walk past the butler, going inside the house. Thomas was then surprised as he saw Alex standing nearby all along.

"Good morning, Lord Downton." he quickly said before catching up with Mister Wilson back inside the house. Alex simply smiles and nods in return, utterly confused and worried for Barrow at the same time.

As he removes his hat and went inside, he then saw his sister from across the hall, watching Barrow as he tries his best to manage the new arrivals.

"This way, Mister Wilson." the young butler said as he opened the servants' door before noticing Lady Mary nearby. Mary raised her eyebrow at him, to which Barrow give a small nod in return before entering the servant's hall as well.

Mary then heads to the library, where she took Caroline from Nanny. Tom was with Sybbie, George was playing draughts with Donk, and Cora was reading a letter nearby them.

"The Royal butler's terribly scary." Mary said "Barrow looked like a rabbit in front of a cobra."

"He does. I saw him when they arrived" Alex then said, entering the library as well "He didn't really noticed me as well when I arrived along with them."

"Oh, dear. Should I go down?" Cora inquired.

"They know what they're doing." Tom replied.

"Do they? They're hideously behind." Mary countered "There's a mark on the Blue Room carpet we cannot shift, I have no chairs for the parade, and we haven't even decided on the footmen."

Robert sighs softly as he stands up from the settee "I'm going to have another cup, if no one's coming up to serve. Do you want one, Alex?"

"Yes, please." Alex said, walking towards the table where the tea set is.

"This is nice," Cora then said as she finished reading the letter "Princess Mary wants us for tea tomorrow at Harewood."

"But I've got so much to do!" Mary complained.

"I wonder if that means the young couple have taken over the big house?" Cora then said to her husband.

"They're hardly the young couple," Robert replied "Well, he isn't anyway."

"To be fair, Papa, he is younger than you." the Viscount teased, earning a disapproving look from Robert before he gives his tea to him.

"She always seems quite shy to me." Cora said.

"A shy Royal?" Robert said, confused on what she just said "Is that an oxymoron?"

The Countess chuckles softly before looking back at Mary "Anyway, we're going."

"I can manage while you ladies are gone." Alex offered "Along with Tom and Bertie's help, of course."

"I agree," Tom nods "We can all manage the preparations here, don't worry."

"Well, thank you very much. I know I can count on all of you." Mary smiles "By the way, can you run down to the Crawley House, Alex? We need to confirm on the elders' arrival later at luncheon."

"Gladly, dear sister." Alex quickly finishes his tea before kissing his mother's cheek and grabbing his newsboy cap.

"And meet me at the car shop after!" his sister added.