XXXII

"Thankfully, there is not much of a problem that you should worry about, Mister Crawley."

The doctor informed Alex after running a few tests at him, including and x-ray. Alex sighs softly in relief, knowing he wouldn't be much of a problem to his parents and aunt after all.

"But, like what Nurse Grace has said, you need to rest for three weeks." the doctor then added "Which obviously means no physical activities for you."

"But I can still go to school, sir?" Alex asks politely "Because we do have a lot of tests by the following weeks, and I can't miss those."

"You can still go to school, yes. Your condition is no conflict in that matter. But like I said, no physical activities for you, as of now."

Alex sighs in relief again, and smiles "Thank you doctor. That means a lot, really."

"I am glad I can help you feel more relieved, Mister Crawley." the doctor then said "But do try to avoid getting into a fight next time, alright? Or I might see you around here again."

The Viscount smiles and nods in agreement, before thanking the doctor again and heading out of his office, where his friends are anxiously waiting for him at the seats nearby.

As soon as his friends saw him, they immediately stood up, and were all displaying worried expressions in their faces.

"Are you alright?"

"Did you break any bones??"

"Are you not going to school anymore???" 

"Slow down your horses right there!" Alex chuckles softly "How about we all go home first and then discuss about it when everyone's there?"

"Are you sure? Is it bad?" Alfie asks.

Alex grins playfully "Like I said...when we get home."

"Oh, come on!!!"

***

Robert, Cora, and Rosamund then arrived the Hampton's large school grounds, where The Duke and Duchess where waiting for them under a shaded tree. They then exchanged greetings, before settling down on the small table nearby.

"We will get straight to point" Edwina then said "We...sincerely apologize for what Philip has done to Alexander. We never really knew about this until earlier this morning."

"How did you come to know about this?" Rosamund then asks.

"Lady Dawson, the mother of Archie Dawson and one of Philip's friends" Edwina explained "They came to our house yesterday morning, and told us that her son confessed in being involved in the situation. Archie confirmed this, and was very guilty about it."

Robert sighs softly "Poor child."

"We are also not aware of Philip's gambling exploits." Albert then said "Archie just also told us everything about it."

"Was Philip not there in the your house when they arrived?" Cora asks.

"He was away when they arrived."

"How is your son? Is he alright as of the moment?" Edwina then inquired the Countess.

"He is recovering well, fortunately." Cora answered "If it weren't for his friends, he may have been in a worse condition."

"I am glad that he is alright." the Duchess smiles.

"Is there anything we could do to help Alexander recover?" Albert inquired.

"We do not need anything else. Just an apology from both of you is enough for us." Robert said to them.

The five of them all shook hands, sealing the peace between the two families. They all then walked their way to the school exit, Robert was with Albert, while Cora and Rosamund were with Edwina, and walking ahead of the men.