XXI

A few hours later, the siblings all woke up at the same time—and saw themselves in their current sleepy state.

"AHHH!!!"

They all screamed, jumping out of the settee and scattered away from one another. All of them are confused and startled.

"How long were we sleeping?!" Mary looks at them.

"And why are we all cuddled up together?" Edith added.

"And why did we all sleep in the library?!" Alex continued on.

They then heard chuckles from across the room. They turned around, and saw their parents and aunt by the doorway.

"How long were the two of you there?!?" the all asked in unison.

"Long enough to see you three have a heart attack with one another." Rosamund jokes.

"Glad to see you all finally awake." Robert added, grinning.

Cora then chuckles softly "You all look so adorable and sweet in your sleeping state earlier." she said "I wish I could capture it and keep it in a frame."

The siblings looked at one another, fixing themselves and feeling embarrassed.

"You three go upstairs now. Tea time will be in a few minutes" their mother then told them "And Mary, someone's waiting for you in your room."

"Who is it?" Mary asks.

"You'll see." Robert smiles "We'll wait for all of you here."

"Yes, Papa" the three then head upstairs, now arguing about how they all ended up sleeping in the library.

***

Moments later, the siblings then went back down just in time. They went down with Henry Talbot as well, who have just arrived from America.

"Someone had a change of mood today." the Viscount teased his eldest sister.

"Well, I'm very glad my husband's back, that's all." Mary smiles at him, holding Henry close to her.

"She was very excited to see me, thankfully." Henry told them, teasing his wife.

"It's glad to have you back, Henry. And just in time for the ball as well." Edith smiles.

As they arrived at the library, the rest of the family were already there. Barrow then went to the library, and announced the visitors they were expecting.

"Mr. John Lewis, Mr. James Lewis, Mr. Jacob Lewis, and Miss Josephine Lewis."

They men then stood up as the Lewis Family arrived at the library. Alex was beaming as soon as he saw Jo, which was noticed by his sisters.

"Mister Lewis, it's an honor to meet you again—and an honor to finally meet your family." Robert said, shaking hands with John.

"We are all honored to meet you as well, milord." John smiles "Forgive us if we're not quite dressed for the occasion."

"Nonsense! It's quite alright. It's simply teatime, after all." the Earl smiles "I'm sure you've met my wife, Lady Grantham" he then said, and Cora shook hands with John.

"Oh yes, Mister Lewis and I have met a few times." the Countess smiles "He makes the most beautiful bouquets in all of Downton."

"And may I introduce my sister, Lady Rosamund Painswick; my children: Lady Mary Talbot, the Marchioness of Hexham, and of course, the Viscount Downton." Robert continued, "And my sons-in-law: Mister Tom Branson, the Marquess of Hexham, and Mister Henry Talbot."